MSC Armonia Cuba and Caribbean Cruise very long pictorial Review

soccerref

A wonderful really helpful account of the trip we are doing in April! However, we booked flights & cruise through an on-line "agent" No Cuba visa included, so we have to buy direct from the Consulate in UK. £39.00 per person - by Postal Order or Bankers draft!

There are a couple of private companies who are actually cheaper than the Cuban Embassy, visacuba.co.uk & cubavisa.co.uk I found them when I was researching this cruise. However, I then discovered MSC include the initial one in their fly-cruise package so have no personal experience of either company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great review! Judging by the things you were interested in if you ever get a chance to go to Copan Ruins on mainland Honduras I think you would love it- great (and very large) ruin site, museum and also Macaw Mountain bird sanctuary park and Café Miramundo coffee roasting (they are part of the bird park) Café Miramundo is even better then Café d' Oro!

Will be going on this cruise on Saturday :)

P ... would you do me a huge favour and find out if there is a separate area for breakfast and lunch for Aurea suite guests like they have on Sinfonia? We're considering booking Armonia and this set-up would really swing us toward booking Aurea.

P ... would you do me a huge favour and find out if there is a separate area for breakfast and lunch for Aurea suite guests like they have on Sinfonia? We're considering booking Armonia and this set-up would really swing us toward booking Aurea.

I will write down, so that I will not forget. Been on the Armonia many years before as far as I remember they not even hat the Aurea category at this time.

I will write down, so that I will not forget. Been on the Armonia many years before as far as I remember they not even hat the Aurea category at this time.

Thank you, P.

It probably changed after being 'stretched'. The interesting thing is that there are Fantastica suites which aren't on Sinfonia or Opera, but are also on Lirica. Now, on Sinfonia, those booked in Fantastica balcony cabins also get MyChoice dining. I'm wondering if only the Fantastica suites on Armonia have this benefit? :confused:

This is one of the best reviews/blogs I have ever seen. [emoji122]

It has been difficult to find much about this cruise.

Just a few questions if anyone can help -

Where are the best places to get the CUC's from in Havana?

Did you use the local currency in the other ports or did you use $?

Any recent menus/daily planners for MSC Armonia?

Do many keep to the formal/theme night dress codes onboard?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

Thank you, P.

It probably changed after being 'stretched'. The interesting thing is that there are Fantastica suites which aren't on Sinfonia or Opera, but are also on Lirica. Now, on Sinfonia, those booked in Fantastica balcony cabins also get MyChoice dining. I'm wondering if only the Fantastica suites on Armonia have this benefit? :confused:

I remember before the streching there was no balcony category at all, all cabins with balcony were "Junior Suites" or "Suites". Now the Armonia only have about 20 to 30 Fantastica suites (all in the new add-on part of the ship), so I think it is very realistic that these are eligable for MyChoice dining.

By the way, 7 or 8 years before we were sailing Armonia in a "Junior Suite", instead of making it to a full suite nowadays I am back to Bella inside ;p

I remember before the streching there was no balcony category at all, all cabins with balcony were "Junior Suites" or "Suites". Now the Armonia only have about 20 to 30 Fantastica suites (all in the new add-on part of the ship), so I think it is very realistic that these are eligable for MyChoice dining.

By the way, 7 or 8 years before we were sailing Armonia in a "Junior Suite", instead of making it to a full suite nowadays I am back to Bella inside ;p

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time onboard just as much, P - Bon Voyage! :)

I went ahead and booked a Fantastica suite on Armonia for next year (so the question of a separate dining area for Aurea guests for breakfast and lunch is a moot one, now). The itinerary is not as illustrious as yours, but it's an attractive one, nonetheless; it is departing from Miami and taking in Cuba. My TA has confirmed that we'll have MyChoice dining; there's also the all-inclusive drinks package and 2 excursions in Havana included. Apparently our Cuba visas are included, too, as part of the excursions package.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sure you'll enjoy your time onboard just as much, P - Bon Voyage! :)

I went ahead and booked a Fantastica suite on Armonia for next year (so the question of a separate dining area for Aurea guests for breakfast and lunch is a moot one, now).

Oh yes, I enjoyed it so much. Congrats on your booking, anyway here is the answer for anybody: The Armonia now has a separate Dinner area ("La Pergola") for Balcony Fantastica and above. More important than the area, there is also a separate menu. I will write a short review of our cruise with more information on that. But one thing first, because of this DON´T BOOK BELLA if you book a balcony cabin!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your review. Going on this cruise on saturday.

I will write my review during the weekend, but you will have no internet in Cuba (except you have a package from MSC). If you want to rent a "classic car" in Havana the rate is 25 CUC per hour, you can try to negotiate to 20 CUC (probably will not work with a fancy convertible).

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the very interesting review!

We are going on the same cruise October 7 for a week long cruise.

We have never been on a MSC cruise before, but we have made some twelve cruises before.

We are now dealing with a tour in Havana and Old Cars Havana

Bosse and Lena, Sweden,