Question from new Uber user

suekay

It seems like Uber is the way to go when transfering from Port Everglades to downtown Miami after a cruise. I've registered with Uber and should by then have a phone with a US number, but my internet access will be on a different phone with a UK number. Is it possible to use Uber with this combination?

Sorry if this is a silly question[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

I did not have an issue using my U.S. phone with a U.S. phone number in London with Uber. My U.S. phone works in the U.K.

As long as you have data you should be fine. I don't see why you would use your U.K. phone if you have a U.S. phone. Unless that U.S. phone is not a smartphone? Your U.K. phone will need to connect to data not just wifi of course.

My US phone won't have data, but my UK phone will have the Uber app and data. I thought there might be a problem with the Uber driver not wanting to call/text a foreign number due to the cost. It will be much easier to use only the UK phone, so thanks for replies

My US phone won't have data, but my UK phone will have the Uber app and data. I thought there might be a problem with the Uber driver not wanting to call/text a foreign number due to the cost. It will be much easier to use only the UK phone, so thanks for replies

It would make it difficult for the driver to call you/text you, but I never had an issue in Europe using my u.s. phone with Uber.

Unfortunately the Sim card I have got for use abroad doesn't allow tethering (even if this dinosaur knew how to do it[emoji55]) but it's good to know that others have had no problem using a foreign number with Uber so thanks for all replies