NCL Spirit Arabian Odyssey Feb 2020

mertziek

We just booked this cruise today. Got an email from our PCC about this yet unlisted cruise on the Spirit including Greece, Turkey, Cypress, Israel, Egypt. The Suez Canal, Jordan, Oman and UAE. We thought about it for about 2 Minutes and booked it! And we snagged one of those fabulous aft cabins. Now I just have 539 days until we leave! 🤪

Okay pspercy. I typed out the itinerary so hope this helps.

2/10/20 5 pm Embarkation and Depart Civitavecchia (Rome)

2/11/20 At sea

2/12/20 10 am Arrive Piraeus (Athens); Depart 8 pm

2/13/20 9 am Arrive Kusadasi, Turkey; Depart 6 pm

2/14/20 8 am Arrive Rhodes, Greece; Depart 5 pm

2/15/20 8 am Arrive Limassol, Cypress; Depart 5 pm

2/16/20 8 am Arrive Haifa, Israel and overnight

2/17/20 Still in Haifa and overnight

2/18/20 11am Depart Haifa

2/19/20 3:30 am Traverse Suez Canal

2/20/20 7 am Arrive Safaga, Egypt and overnight

2/21/20 All day in Safaga and Depart 7 pm

2/22/20 6 am Arrive Aqaba, Jordan; Depart 8 pm

2/23/20 - 2/27/20 At sea

2/28/20 8 am Arrive Muscat, Oman; Depart 5 pm

2/29/20 8 am Arrive Khasab, Oman; Depart 5 pm

3/1/20 8 am Arrive Abu Dhabi, UAE; Depart 5 pm

3/2/20 7 am Arrive at Dubai, UAE for debarkation

We're booked and ready to sail, Mertziek... thanks SO very much for the heads up... looking forward to being on the open seas again with both you and Mike after this year's Australia/New Zealand adventure!

We are going to have soooo much fun again! ;):*

Balcony mid ship with UBP and dining pkgs as choices and the total for the entire 81 day voyage is only $41,619.00 including the daily service charge. Will just have to hope for the best on airfares.

Per person or for two?

A dream cruise, for sure.

Balcony mid ship with UBP and dining pkgs as choices and the total for the entire 81 day voyage is only $41,619.00 including the daily service charge. Will just have to hope for the best on airfares.

Good price for such a long cruise. Wish we could be gone that long. Sigh........

We're at least a few years away from being able to do something like that for sure. Those 5 days in a row at sea aren't attractive to me, but, maybe after being in ports 12 of the previous 13 days, 5 days at sea would be welcome.

Would love to do that, but it's just too long to get off work. We've got a 14 day cruise coming up next year and that was pushing it a fair bit! But yes, the ports on that particular leg are just wow, and the Spirit is my favourite ship.

We're at least a few years away from being able to do something like that for sure. Those 5 days in a row at sea aren't attractive to me, but, maybe after being in ports 12 of the previous 13 days, 5 days at sea would be welcome.

Oh we love sea days! Very relaxing but we understand some like more activity.

I can't take the that much time either.... but we're doing the first leg of it for 21 days. It's a stretch for us taking that much time off, but the ports are too good to miss!

These ports are absolutely wonderful. Arabian Odyssey indeed!

Anyone have any insight on if this would ever be offered outside of March and April? The only months I really cannot take off work is mid March to early May. This looks amazing!!!!!

The 21 day Arabian Odyssey cruise is Feb 10th to March 2nd... it gets back before mid-March if that helps at all.

Anyone have any insight on if this would ever be offered outside of March and April? The only months I really cannot take off work is mid March to early May. This looks amazing!!!!!

I’m not sure this is a cruise that will be offered again as it looks like it is a repositioning of Spirit to the Far East. I could be wrong but I thought they are moving Joy from the East so maybe Spirit will replace Joy there. Just guessing. Also, this is the first time I have seen these ports clustered together in one cruise. It’s a very unique cruise. And prices for some cabins have already increased since being offered only at the beginning of this week. That leads me to believe this is a popular cruise offering for NCL.

I’m not sure this is a cruise that will be offered again as it looks like it is a repositioning of Spirit to the Far East. I could be wrong but I thought they are moving Joy from the East so maybe Spirit will replace Joy there. Just guessing. Also, this is the first time I have seen these ports clustered together in one cruise. It’s a very unique cruise. And prices for some cabins have already increased since being offered only at the beginning of this week. That leads me to believe this is a popular cruise offering for NCL.

You are correct in that I believe its a one off and wont be repeated. However I find the pricing quite interesting. It has indeed gone up since the release under a week ago, however the suites (which already are super expensive) have gone up quite a bit and looking at the aft penthouse and owner suites none of them have been booked yet.

NCL are clearly betting on the uniqueness of this itinerary to do the heavy lifting on justifying the pricing because for me its extreme for a mainstream cruise line and on a 20 year old ship, 22 years by the time these cruises depart.

Its been 10 years since I was on the Spirit, will be interested to see what refurbishment is done as part of the Edge project.

You are correct in that I believe its a one off and wont be repeated. However I find the pricing quite interesting. It has indeed gone up since the release under a week ago, however the suites (which already are super expensive) have gone up quite a bit and looking at the aft penthouse and owner suites none of them have been booked yet.

Both owners suites are booked and no longer available when I looked at choices available.