Any word on Nassau resorts ?

michaelaz

I just got back from Nassau (on the sky, were in port 10/15). We went to the British Colonial Hilton and it was fine. I didn't hear anyone say that any of the resorts were closed. We met some people that went to Atlantis and it was fine. Hope this helps.

I just got back from Nassau (on the sky, were in port 10/15). We went to the British Colonial Hilton and it was fine. I didn't hear anyone say that any of the resorts were closed. We met some people that went to Atlantis and it was fine. Hope this helps.

Did you do the day pass with food credit at Colonial Hilton? If so, what did you think of it - was it a decent value or next time would you do something else?

Did you do the day pass with food credit at Colonial Hilton? If so, what did you think of it - was it a decent value or next time would you do something else?

We did do the pass with credit. I don't think we had a choice to just get a pass without the credit. The food credit went very quickly and we felt the drinks were not great. However, we did feel like it was worth the cost and enjoyed our day there. I am going back to Nassau next month but we are not planning on a beach day that trip. The wifi was only given to us because we are hilton honor members, or so she said at the front desk. The wifi was only okay inside or right by the building, no wifi at the beach. We didn't need a reservation we just showed up and they had plenty of space.

Perfect ! Thanks

How much is the Hilton charging? Any discounts for being Hilton Gold?

It was $65 pp and they only took a credit card. My friend brought cash and I had to pay for her. There was no discount for being a HH member at all other than the wifi. I asked if I could get some kind of points from this day pass and they told me to call HH after I got home and see if they would give me some points... I didn't bother.

We really enjoyed the day there. Its not a huge place but its very easy to get to and a good first trip to Nassau for us.

It was $65 pp and they only took a credit card. My friend brought cash and I had to pay for her. There was no discount for being a HH member at all other than the wifi. I asked if I could get some kind of points from this day pass and they told me to call HH after I got home and see if they would give me some points... I didn't bother.

We really enjoyed the day there. Its not a huge place but its very easy to get to and a good first trip to Nassau for us.

Thanks for this info. It is good to know about the wifi. Did you go to a Bar or restaurant for your food or was it ordered and delivered on the beach?

Thanks for this info. It is good to know about the wifi. Did you go to a Bar or restaurant for your food or was it ordered and delivered on the beach?

There is a beach bar/grill, opens around 11 I think, that we ordered from. A guy brought us a menu and then delivered our food. I think the credit could be used inside the resort as well but we just ate on the beach. The food and drinks were more expensive than I expected. The $40 credit got a burger type sandwich, a drink, and a bottle of water. There were more reasonably priced bottles of water in the gift shop that I found as we were leaving.

There is a beach bar/grill, opens around 11 I think, that we ordered from. A guy brought us a menu and then delivered our food. I think the credit could be used inside the resort as well but we just ate on the beach. The food and drinks were more expensive than I expected. The $40 credit got a burger type sandwich, a drink, and a bottle of water. There were more reasonably priced bottles of water in the gift shop that I found as we were leaving.

Thank you for your prompt reply and good info. This will help us plan.

The BCH had a pool that we could have used. We didn't go in but lots were in it while we were there. I don't know if it was heated. There were loungers and little palapas (i think that is what they are called) on the beach we could use. The only thing they told us was that the beds were for hotel guests. I think there were day people in them tho. We got there around 10a and had a front row lounger and shade spot.