Amsterdam (R Class) cabin advice needed

I am comparing cabins on Dolphin deck for my upcoming 14 day Alaskan Cruise in 2019 on the Amsterdam. I can choose between two rooms on the Dolphin Deck and want to know if there is any compelling reason to spend more for the E rooms over the F rooms. If we did E we would be in room #1836 and if we did F we would be in room #1828. Would 1828 suffer from any noise issues related to the gangway/entrance above 1826, or have more noticeable motion then 1836? There is a pretty substantial fare difference between E and F so if all else (quietness and motion) would be relatively equal I'm inclined to save the $ and take 1828 :)

Any helpful advice would be appreciated!

I have been a guest in #1828 on Zaandam and Volendam. I have been a guest in #1840 on Amsterdam and Volendam. I have been a guest in #2548 on the Amsterdam (same area on Main Deck as the others). Noise: #2548 wins. Footsteps/running from the Lower Promenade Deck above as well as more gangway noise than I heard when I occupied my Dolphin Deck cabins. Will #1828 be guaranteed to be totally quiet? No. When I booked this stateroom, the Housekeeping Office was on the port side of the foyer. Every morning, Stewards would congregate in this area to get, I assume, their "marching orders". Cleaned clothes to be returned to be guests were accumulated in the foyer outside the Office. On my most recent cruises on these Classes of ships. the Housekeeping Office is elsewhere--no not where. The space has been converted into cabins for crew members--whom I know not.

Difference when the "ocean is in motion"? I experienced no difference as to location of these staterooms. Mid-ship Dolphin Deck is the place to be when King Neptune is having a bad day!

We cruised for 49 days in #1824 in 2016. The noise from the gangway was minimal. Occasionally we could hear banging from below in the afternoon. We loved the location. So much so, that we have booked the same cabin for our next 51 day cruise to the South Pacific.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks to you both! I have changed to 1828 which saves us enough to cover at least one shoreside activity in Alaska!!!!

I don't think you will regret that decision.

Being so close to the forward set of stairs/elevators, it's easy to get to the Gym, the forward outside Deck 6 areas, and the Crow's Nest. Have a great cruise!