Coordinating Shows with Early Traditional Dining

On our Allure cruise we selected My Time so that we could book dinner times around the show times. For our Symphony cruise, we selected Early Traditional dining as we wanted to ensure same waiter, same table.

We have a long way off ;) until we can book shows, but am just wondering if show times generally work with traditional dining. Do shows fit in with early dining? Or are we going to be stuck with a 10pm timeslot each night if we want to make dinner? We like the MDR each night (may do one specialty..but not Windjammer for dinner) and also like shows. We're also coming with kids so 9pm would work but 10pm may be pushing it for our younger one. I know Symphony just came out and isn't even in Miami yet, so responses can be based off of Allure, Oasis and Harmony.

Just got off of the Oasis. Early Traditional Seating. Most shows were right after dinner. I was worried that we would have to run out of the MDR, but meals didn’t stretch out too long. Shows were at 8 or 8:30 most nights. Reserve early to get the times that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How early are you anticipating eating? We've started to go to MTD at 6pm, and have always been able to see all the shows- meaning both the early and late seating shows if we wanted to.

I think traditional dining time is 6pm

Just got off of the Oasis. Early Traditional Seating. Most shows were right after dinner. I was worried that we would have to run out of the MDR, but meals didn’t stretch out too long. Shows were at 8 or 8:30 most nights. Reserve early to get the times that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I am the type to reserve as soon as the times are released. Good to hear that you have no issues and the times worked. If we have one that doesn't work, then we can coordinate that with a specialty dining but hoping the rest fall into place and we can enjoy dinner (including dessert) with seeing the shows.

We have traditional early dining and it is at 5:30 p.m. We would have preferred 6 pm, but we too prefer the early dining so that everyone in our family can have the night to do what they prefer. We booked all of our shows and the 5:30 dining works out perfectly for any of the shows. None of the shows, including the ice shows start earlier than 8 so 5:30 dining will give us plenty of time. I'm not sure whether early dining on your cruise will be 5:30 or 6, but I would think that either of these times would give you plenty of time to make any of the shows. Hope this helps.

Great to hear. Thanks. On our Allure cruise I thought that the ice show was 7:30ish and Broadway was 5pm or so but I don't remember all available times.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk