Playa l Carmen Excursions

Cullyman15

My wife and I were planning to take an excursion in Playa del Carmen however with the recent issues with the ferries we were wondering if anyone can give an update. I read that MSC cancelled all excursions in Playa del Carmen and we are looking for an update. Are the ferries still running? safe? extra security? etc..any info on this subj is greatly appreciated

All the MSC sponsored excursions were cancelled last week. I’m sure there are still private tours available. As to the risk, who know. I’d follow the then current US State Dept advisory.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Seaside is on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary this week so no effect. Next week it's back to Cozumel. I'm interested as well since we sail in three weeks. We have the Xcaret Eco Park booked to Playa by ferry and fear it will be cancelled for our April 7th cruise. Hope not by then ....

The Seaside is on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary this week so no effect. Next week it's back to Cozumel. I'm interested as well since we sail in three weeks. We have the Xcaret Eco Park booked to Playa by ferry and fear it will be cancelled for our April 7th cruise. Hope not by then ....

Were sailing 7 Apr as well and my wife really wanted to do the Cenote snorkling in Playa

We are on Seaside next week..... I will ask excursion desk what the current and near future status is and report back

From what I have read, the US have changed their advice to allow government employees to allow them to use ferries again following security improvements, I also saw a tweet from Royal Caribbean stating that they are running their shore excursions with ferries now so I imagine that MSC and other cruise lines will be doing the same

From what I have read, the US have changed their advice to allow government employees to allow them to use ferries again following security improvements, I also saw a tweet from Royal Caribbean stating that they are running their shore excursions with ferries now so I imagine that MSC and other cruise lines will be doing the same

You are correct... here's a link to todays announcement

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/transportation/state-dept-lifts-caution-against-using-cozumel-ferries

My wife and I were planning to take an excursion in Playa del Carmen however with the recent issues with the ferries we were wondering if anyone can give an update. I read that MSC cancelled all excursions in Playa del Carmen and we are looking for an update. Are the ferries still running? safe? extra security? etc..any info on this subj is greatly appreciated

They are telling you to stay away.