Can't use OBC for pre-cruise packages/purchases??

lcpagejr1

A good chunk of my OBC will be used for auto gratuities. However, when I was booking my Internet package and 1 excursion thru MSC....I noticed they required payment at time of ordering online. I was expecting these items to just be charged to my account and most to be offset by OBC.

Most of the time I do not pre-purchase and will buy excursions or internet on the ship....so these charges go directly to my room account. Just sort of caught me off guard. Do other cruiselines follow this pre-purchase approach?? Thanks

Some allow, others don't. Princess has started letting you use OBC to pre-purchase things.

We feel your pain here. We are on B2B sailings on Seaside in May and have $400 each week as OBC. We are unable to use it to pre-purchase so will just have to wait until we board to make our purchases.

~Brian

Some allow, others don't. Princess has started letting you use OBC to pre-purchase things.

We feel your pain here. We are on B2B sailings on Seaside in May and have $400 each week as OBC. We are unable to use it to pre-purchase so will just have to wait until we board to make our purchases.

~Brian

Thanks.... We have a little bit more. I could wait but I've been told Internet and excursions are higher on board....so I guess its "Pay now and use more on board" .... Wife will appreciate me not complaining about any of her SPA purchases!!

A good chunk of my OBC will be used for auto gratuities. However, when I was booking my Internet package and 1 excursion thru MSC....I noticed they required payment at time of ordering online. I was expecting these items to just be charged to my account and most to be offset by OBC.

Most of the time I do not pre-purchase and will buy excursions or internet on the ship....so these charges go directly to my room account. Just sort of caught me off guard. Do other cruiselines follow this pre-purchase approach?? Thanks

Wait till you board.

I was told yesterday afternoon when I called customer service to correct my info.that the gratuities would not come out of obc .he let me prepay them I guess as a different account but not from my obc.

I was told yesterday afternoon when I called customer service to correct my info.that the gratuities would not come out of obc .he let me prepay them I guess as a different account but not from my obc.

If you pay gratuities onboard, you can pay them out of your OBC.

Ivi

The OBC gets credited to your account on your final day of sailing. So you will either have a smaller balance owing than what you spent or MSC will owe you money if you spent less than your OBC (unlikely obviously).