Kids club questions

amandaepperson21

We leave on the Caribbean Princess this Friday! Yay! This is our 5th cruise, first on Princess.

I've never left our kids in the kids club while we are in port, but I'm considering it for part of one day so that we can go snorkeling at Eden Rock (GC) then go back for the kids and head to the beach.

What is programming like on port days?

I completed registration online. Will I still have to fill out forms when we board?

TIA!

First of all, Caribbean Princess sails on Saturday, not Friday...So, are you on the cruise for the 28th? Then, your time in port at Grand Cayman is only 8 hours. GC is a tender port. You need to allow time to get onto the tender...there may be a wait. then coming back to the ship, there may be a wait for the tender. Going back after lunch you should not have a wait, but there will be quite a wait returning the second time. I'm not sure you will have time for what essentially is two excursions since you have to go back and forth to the ship via tender. The good news is that you will only be sharing the port with Carnival Glory. EM

First of all, Caribbean Princess sails on Saturday, not Friday...So, are you on the cruise for the 28th? Then, your time in port at Grand Cayman is only 8 hours. GC is a tender port. You need to allow time to get onto the tender...there may be a wait. then coming back to the ship, there may be a wait for the tender. Going back after lunch you should not have a wait, but there will be quite a wait returning the second time. I'm not sure you will have time for what essentially is two excursions since you have to go back and forth to the ship via tender. The good news is that you will only be sharing the port with Carnival Glory. EM

By Friday I mean we leave Atlanta for our drive to Ft Lauderdale on Friday. So I'm in vacay mode as of Friday XD. I failed to consider that we will have to tender :-/. It's been several years since we've been to GC. We are in port 8am - 4pm so yah I don't think we will have time for both.

We leave on the Caribbean Princess this Friday! Yay! This is our 5th cruise, first on Princess.

I've never left our kids in the kids club while we are in port, but I'm considering it for part of one day so that we can go snorkeling at Eden Rock (GC) then go back for the kids and head to the beach.

What is programming like on port days?

I completed registration online. Will I still have to fill out forms when we board?

TIA!

Our three grandchildren loved the kids club on the Regal Princess

38215834176_f11dd23559_b.jpg

We would never consider leaving children on the ship while we are not on board. Better check on those rules.

Howard

If you decide to stay together (and I'm not pushing for that - you should do whatever you like but given the tender issue) please note that your kids might really like the turtle farm.

For people who have done the turtle farm in the past, it is now operated by the government. We did it about 10 years ago and again on our recent trip. It is MUCH cleaner and is more educationally oriented. Yes, you can still hold the turtles. They also have an alligator with information as to why he cannot be released, they discuss turtle research and conservation, etc.

It isn't so educational as to turn off kids, but there is good info on the signs, etc. And the turtles aren't going to be in the soup....or if they are, that information is not being shown.

Stingray City is another good excursion.

On our recent Sapphire cruise one had to sign the kid up for port days by the day before - though several later afternoons in port our daughter went when we hadn't singed up (ie after we got back ont he ship from whatever we had been doing). We never used it in the morning of a port day but I would without hesitation. Princess does allow you to be off the ship while one's kids are in the club.