Tell me something about Ecstasy!

SnowshoeCat

I'm planning to book a 4-night getaway. I'm not looking for much, just a bit of R&R, a chance to let someone else do the cooking and cleaning, and maybe meeting some people. I've been on cruises, so I get the general gist. Tell me about the food. How many dining venues are there? MDR, buffet, anything else? I look forward to dressing a little nicer for the MDR, but sometimes I just want a burger outside on deck. How's the buffet? I tend to eat at off times, so it shouldn't be too crowded, right? Do they still have afternoon tea?

Anything. Tell me anything you'd like to share about the ship! Thanks - I hope to make my plans today :)

"Ecstasy" is a FANTASTIC getaway. Outstanding crew, with very good food, and superior service. It has the 2.0 entertainment, but the guys/gals who were featured the last time I sailed that ship, were far better than some of 'em I've seen on other ships, doing the same shows. Buffet food was good, but I ate in the dining room anytime it was open. You're going to have a fantastic time aboard "Ecstasy". Congrats on an excellent choice. :cool:

"SKY"

It is a great little ship, and I miss her now that she has left Galveston :(

The food has always been great on the Ecstasy, hopefully moving the ship has not changed that. It is a very easy ship to navigate and get around, decorated with flashy Vegas Neon (some don't like the décor, but I think it has energy).

It is older so you will feel a lot more movement. If that is something that bothers you get a room on a lower deck.

Thank you for the enthusiasm! My first and only Carnival cruise was on Inspiration (over 10 years ago, I think. When did the space shuttle Columbia break up? That's my time marker. Anyway...)

Yes, I like lower decks ;) For a solo traveler, the upper/lower option is a good value. I might "splurge" on an OV, but I don't spend much time in the cabin and I can spend the money on other things.

Thanks again. If there's anything else you can think of, let me know!

Well, I just don't have anything bad to say about the Ecstasy. I have been on that ship 4 times and it has never let me down. I mean, if you have been on the newer, larger, fancier ships you might feel like you are missing something...it certainly doesn't have all the gadgets the ships are coming out with these days.

My favorite room ever on the Ecstasy was on the Empress deck E72 right off the atrium area. The only room I didn't like on there was a porthole room we were "upgraded" too from an inside cabin. It was on deck 2, right at the front and when pulling into port the room shook and made so much noise.

Thank you for the enthusiasm! My first and only Carnival cruise was on Inspiration (over 10 years ago, I think. When did the space shuttle Columbia break up? That's my time marker. Anyway...)

Yes, I like lower decks ;) For a solo traveler, the upper/lower option is a good value. I might "splurge" on an OV, but I don't spend much time in the cabin and I can spend the money on other things.

You're going on my first cruise ship and my favorite ship! The food and service were always great! The ship was also always very clean!

Have a great cruise!

Ecstasy was our first cruise AND first ship, too -- wayyyyy back in 1995, when she sailed out of Miami.

Loved the ship!

You're going on my first cruise ship and my favorite ship! The food and service were always great! The ship was also always very clean!

Have a great cruise!

my thoughts exactly!! I wish I could go on her again

I cruise SOLO aboard the shorter cruises occasionally, and I've found that I really enjoy the 1A cabins, aft, on Empress Deck. (E-181 to E 189 ) Same deck as the atrium, and right under the aft dining room. (Never noticed any noise from it however.) Very convenient, close to the dining room, or walk straight forward to the atrium, and close to the Lido Deck as well!

"SKY"

I cruise SOLO aboard the shorter cruises occasionally, and I've found that I really enjoy the 1A cabins, aft, on Empress Deck. (E-181 to E 189 ) Same deck as the atrium, and right under the aft dining room. (Never noticed any noise from it however.) Very convenient, close to the dining room, or walk straight forward to the atrium, and close to the Lido Deck as well!

"SKY"

I booked the AFT balcony on the Empress deck and was concerned about noise from the above. Glad to hear it should not be an issue.

Don't stay in room U159 twice I had to call about the hot water; which is normally almost boiling. It was lukewarm without turning the cold water on. The room was clean though, the guy Henry who was our steward wasn't as good as some of the other stewards I had in the past. Let's put it this way, the other stewards I had I would leave a tip no matter what because I did not have ask for the excellent service they gave. Henry's was decent,but not on level I would normally expect from Carnival.

If your in the MDR for Windstar try to get the table that Henry and KoKo are at; Best Head waiter and assist ever! Putu and Michael do not give good service at least not to my family. Example: four times I asked Putu for drink waiter to come thru he did not get them there and this was for my children. Never came back with a drink waiter and dessert order was brought and my ice cream was melt to the point of being a milkshake. Michael was worst we were right by his work station and couldn't get him just to get a glass of water. My mate had to ask him for water and we asked him as well for drink waiter. Did not happen tried to stop one that was taking an order for family that came in 15 minutes after us and she did both to come to our table. Just some lost revenue for Carnival I guess.

Cruise director was bit of bore to me compared to the other cruises I took. Staff wasn't the friendliest to me in the Lido deck restaurant. My mate and another guest tried to get the cooks attention concerning something on bar he look dead in my face and walked away and his crew member didn't say anything, but turned his back. I must the admitted I preferred to food on this ship more so than others. I actually like the gator bits I had and the sushi. Never thought I would, but I do now thanks to the chef.

I can't say I had a bad time because the entertainment staff made it fun for me and of course Sharkeez in Nassau and the vendors in Freeport at Lucayan Marketplace. Did not care for Little Stirrup Cay because of the beach being so rocky in and around the water area. The bird's which I know the cruiselines can't control did make it any fun either especially since there was a bloody one that was dive bomb on guest. Got one lady as she trying to tan. Those little buggers are worst than pigeons. They think about a feed area for them while the ships are there. They need to offer larger cups for drink dixie(bathroom size) to get drinks are not realistic.

Just my 2cents:)

I'm planning to book a 4-night getaway. I'm not looking for much, just a bit of R&R, a chance to let someone else do the cooking and cleaning, and maybe meeting some people. I've been on cruises, so I get the general gist. Tell me about the food. How many dining venues are there? MDR, buffet, anything else? I look forward to dressing a little nicer for the MDR, but sometimes I just want a burger outside on deck. How's the buffet? I tend to eat at off times, so it shouldn't be too crowded, right? Do they still have afternoon tea?

Anything. Tell me anything you'd like to share about the ship! Thanks - I hope to make my plans today :)

I was on the Ecstasy in March - right in the middle of spring break eek... didnt think that one out very well lol ...

But I have to say that even though the ship was completely packed and the majority of the people on the ship were college partiers... I had an amazing time. The staff were amazing and were able to deal with the partiers without blinking an eye. The food was so much better than I had expected it to be and was never disappointed. I did the buffet for breakfast and lunch every day of my cruise and only ate in the MDR for dinner. I did order room service for breakfast twice - simple breakfast though nothing hot - just fruits and pastry and juice but everything was fresh and tasted great.

There are no specialty dining restaurants on this ship (steakhouse etc..) It was the first cruise i had ever been on and didnt realize that there was another buffet further back on the lido until my 2nd full day on the ship and was surprised how that one was less crowded than the main buffet close to the pool area. The one further back is also where the pizza place is... sorry i'm horrible with remembering names and know that the pizza place has a name just dont remember what it is.

You will have a great time !

We just got off this ship last Saturday. For an older ship I was blown away by how clean it was. Easy to navigate. We stayed in room E22. Luv it. Dining room & theater/lounge 1 floor up. Took the stairs to lido everyday. Ship is very easy to navigate. CD was George. He was a lot of fun.

Didn't care for great stirrup cay. Way too rocky for me. Luckily I had water shoes on.

Ecstasy was our first cruise AND first ship, too -- wayyyyy back in 1995, when she sailed out of Miami.

Loved the ship!

WoW! 1995! I am sailing on the Ecstasy next month. I am surprise that a ship this old is still going so strong! My first cruise was with the "Festivale" 1993 , but that ship is not around anymore.

Archived