Best Outside Cabins Rotterdam

Tiggipaws

Any of the cabins on Main Deck, and the one below are large; those on Lower Promenade are smaller. As a matter of fact, the outsides on Lower Promenade are smaller than the insides across the passageway. Those on Lower Promenade have a lesser view, due to seeing across the promenade, and there are some with a full or partial obstruction from the superstructure. The cabins on Lower Promenade from the mid-ship to the aft elevator banks are under the galley, and there can be constant noise during the night.

The cabins on Main Deck are under the walking deck, so may have heavy feet once in a while; if there are runners (should not be), you will hear pounding as they pass. The view is directly out the window to the sea, at a low level, so you get a good view of the wave action.

Those on Dolphin (or A; I can't remember the naming system) Deck are under cabins, so are quiet from above. I have no idea what is under them, except to know it is a working area for the crew; I have never read or heard of a report of noise, however. The view is close to the water.

Taking all the prior considerations in mind, a cabin located near the lower aft decks would be my choice since this is a wonderful outdoor space with some loungers and a mesmerizing view of the wake. Keeping in mind this is also the part of the ship where the engines do their work. But on a 50 day cruise in this ocean view cabin area we did not notice any extra noise or vibrations but did smell a kind of "hot electrical" smell in the corridors - but not the cabin.

On my last cruise on the Rotterdam (March 2018) a woman was complaining to me that her amidships OV cabin on Dolphin deck was noisy when in port because a loading hatch was below her cabin and supplies were taken on through that area.