Zuiderdam Panama Canal Cruise- Just off- give me your questions!

Dreams42Day

• 1 month later...

I have a questions about the beds. On our recent Royal Caribbean cruise the beds were rock hard. This has been our recent experience with them and is very disappointing. We will be on the Zuiderdam in July. This will be our first Holland America cruise. We are looking forward to the new experience just wondering if I need to make a request for a bed topper. Thanks

Dreams42Day: Glad you liked the Z'dam! Good, fair review. We are so hooked on HAL cruise ships that we now have over 500 days on them...for many of the reasons you mentioned! Don't count them out for kids, though. I have not heard of anyone who took kids on them where they were unhappy. Our grandkids loved the programs, even though there weren't many kids...which probably was a plus! We rarely eat in the MDR anymore on any of the ships, finding the Lido offers almost the same, with often much better service. Yes, the Signature Suites are our favorites, too...probably one of the best secrets out there. Enjoy the other HAL ships...we've only 2 more to go before we've sailed on all of them.:D