Long cruise ; which ship has the most activities?

LynnTTT

We've been on a few Transatlantic cruises and are considering a "segment" of a world cruise . However, we got a little bored on the Norwegian Epic transatlantic last year; they didn't open up any restaurants for use as a card/game room, poor presentations, few good lecturers etc.

If I'm on a ship for 45-60 days, I need things to do beside read! Maybe movies, good lecturers, crafts, big games room, etc.

Suggestions? We don't really know where we want to go; just interested in your opinion about activities.

We don't pay much attention to the mass market line, but isn't Norwegian Epic one of NCL's newer Mega ships with a multitude of activities.

Our first WC was in 2015 on Sun Princess, which lasted 104 days and had a couple of long stretches of sea days - 8 days. The sea days were all filled with activities, starting about 09:00. Our only complaint on the activities was the schedule repeated almost every day. Still had lots to keep us busy, especially keeping photos updated.

We have just signed up for the 2nd segment of Viking's 2019/2020 WC, departing LA for 119 nights. It starts with 7 sea days, which for us is perfect. From what I have read they have some excellent lectures and enrichment classes throughout the day. It will also provide an opportunity to learn the ship.

If you found the NCL trans-Atlantic boring, you may want to consider a longer re-positioning cruise on another line before embarking on a WC, or segment. Although, I note some WC segments are fairly short, as our 2015 WC had segments from 20 to 40 days.

I was on the 2018 HAL GWV. Here is an excerpt from my blog about activities.

I heard one person complain that there were not enough things to do on seadays. What I think she really meant was that there were not enough things she wanted to do. I usually found there were more things to do than I had time for. I was impressed by all that was available. Here is a partial list…

·Lectures

·Port talks

·Bridge lessons

·Watercolor lessons

·Drawing class

·Arts and Crafts

·Tai chi

·Water aerobics

·Special group meetings (such as veterans, solos, etc.)

·Sit and Be Fit

·Qi Gong

·America’s Test Kitchen

·Sit, Knit, Needlework, and more

·Shuffleboard

·Pitch perfect washers

·Walk a Mile

·Bingo

·Computer workshops

·Texas Hold’em Tournaments

·Golf putting, basketball, ring toss, Bocce ball challenges

·Religious discussions

·Name That Tune

·Slot tournament

·Movies

And my favorite, trivia!

I also did the 2014 WV on Cunard. For variety and number of lectures, Cunard wins easily. Overall, however, I think HAL had more activities.

• 3 weeks later...