In stateroom beverages - pre ordered online from fun shops

smileyjannie

This may have been asked before and if so, I apologize. If I buy a bottle of crown royal from the fun shops online pre-cruise to have delivered to our room prior to our trip, are we able to drink that bottle or is that something they keep till the end of the cruise? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

This may have been asked before and if so, I apologize. If I buy a bottle of crown royal from the fun shops online pre-cruise to have delivered to our room prior to our trip, are we able to drink that bottle or is that something they keep till the end of the cruise? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

The bottle of Crown Royal you buy online pre-cruise is meant to be enjoyed during your cruise. If you were to buy your Crown Royal from the Fun Shop liquor store onboard that would be held until the end of the cruise.

FWIW I'm a big fan of pre ordering and always get vodka, beer and mixers from them. Expensive yes, but less than Cheers and we like to drink on our balcony. If you run out you can always order more from room service onboard.

You can order 2 alcoholic items from the fun shops per cabin to be enjoyed onboard. Depending on the embarkation port, these may be delivered either on day 1 or in some ports, they won't be delivered until day 2.[/quote

Ours have always been waiting for us in our cabin when we embarked.

Yes, online purchases are delivered to your room to be enjoyed. If you buy on the ship (or in port) these will be held until the end of the cruise... Thus the MUCH higher price of a bottle you buy for your room versus what you will pay on board to take home. You are paying a "premium" price to enjoy on board since you won't be partaking at the bar for those drinks ;)

You can order 2 alcoholic items from the fun shops per cabin to be enjoyed onboard. Depending on the embarkation port, these may be delivered either on day 1 or in some ports, they won't be delivered until day 2.
Oh - only 2 items? Is that stated somewhere? Getting ready to order wanted to get 3 bottles...:( Also do they charge tax and gratuity? Thanks in advance :D

• 8 months later...
Do the alcoholic beverages have to be consumed in the room? I was thinking of pre-ordering Corona and wondered if I could take it out of the room. Thanks
We ordered Blue Moon and drank them outside of the room with no problems on several cruises.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Do the alcoholic beverages have to be consumed in the room? I was thinking of pre-ordering Corona and wondered if I could take it out of the room. Thanks

Nope, you can take them about the ship! I really think the bottle is an underrated option.

Nope, you can take them about the ship! I really think the bottle is an underrated option.

Some of us remember the pricing that was in place, which was a much better option. That said, your point is still valid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are incorrect. When you order you agree to only consume in your cabin & it's also stated in the liquor policy. No, you are limited to ordering 2 bottles per cabin regardless. When you sail from Galveston & Mobile the it will not be delivered until the day after you sail.

You are incorrect. When you order you agree to only consume in your cabin & it's also stated in the liquor policy. No, you are limited to ordering 2 bottles per cabin regardless. When you sail from Galveston & Mobile the it will not be delivered until the day after you sail.

You can make yourself a drink and carry it out of the cabin any time you want.

You can make yourself a drink and carry it out of the cabin any time you want.

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders)

All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per booking (whether booked online or a telephone order). This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product.

Alcohol pre-purchased through The Fun Shops for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that is ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse. If the item is not consumed on board during the cruise, the guest may take it home provided the bottle has not been opened.

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders)

All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per booking (whether booked online or a telephone order). This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product.

Alcohol pre-purchased through The Fun Shops for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that is ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse. If the item is not consumed on board during the cruise, the guest may take it home provided the bottle has not been opened.

It clearly says you cannot take the liquor bottle with you, which is what I was referring to. There are no tumbler police on the boat inspecting what you are carrying.

I have gotten the soda cad and ordered bottles for the room. Never had a problem walking around the ship with a drink. Have carried a small flask so as not having to run to the room for every drink. Just be discreet when adding the liquor.