Paradise Cove - Freeport

HoneymoonCruiser5

Hi all,

Ok, so I know this subject has been brought up a lot, but I seriously need some advice. My family will be going to Freeport this month. There are 8 of us. I've done a lot of research and it seems like everyone loves Paradise Cove. Here's my dilemma. Should we book it directly through their company? If you had the day in Freeport would you got to Paradise Cove? We're looking for some fun in the sun and snorkeling. Please help. Thanks

Been there, done that and would definitely do it again.

Would definitely contact Barry and reserve with them - we didn't have to pay until we got to Freeport, was picked up by their van and arrived at their location.

Definately go to Paradies Cove. My wife and I went in early June and loved it. Secluded beach, not many people, and wonderful views. Don't worry about booking through them it is legit. We went to the website and sent an email giving the ship and time we would be there and were promptly (next day) given a reply email on where to meet in the port and what time. Everything went as planned and you don't have to pay until you get there.

Hi all,

Ok, so I know this subject has been brought up a lot, but I seriously need some advice. My family will be going to Freeport this month. There are 8 of us. I've done a lot of research and it seems like everyone loves Paradise Cove. Here's my dilemma. Should we book it directly through their company? If you had the day in Freeport would you got to Paradise Cove? We're looking for some fun in the sun and snorkeling. Please help. Thanks

YES....you should go! Just got back yesterday from Freeport (July 30) and Nassau (July 31). In Freeport, I went to Paradise Cove. Arrangement was to be picked up at 11 AM and be returned to the vessel about 3 PM. My Carnival ship (Sensation) was scheduled to leave at 5 PM from Freeport. I arranged my excursion from Paradise Cove's website ($41 for adults with lunch or $35 without lunch). Not sure of the child's price (since we didn't take our children on this trip). Was picked up by Nathan about 15 minutes early. Everyone already there and we left. Got a flat tire on the way (it happens...) Very professional...he made sure that we took a taxi to Paradise Cove (we were probably 2-3 miles or so from our destination). Loss of time concerning the flat tire about 30 minutes total (but remember, we were picked up 15 minutes early, so only a 15 minute loss of "real" time). When we arrived, they said "sorry" and we were able to sign in and pay, get our equipment, listen to the short lecture about what NOT to touch and then left on our own to snorkle.

Paradise Cove is NOT a million dollar resort. If you want that, see the Atlantis in Nassau. It IS rustic. Restroom is fairly small, not neat, but fairly clean (I've seen bathrooms a LOT worse!). The equipment was fine; no problems with mine. Enjoyed the snorkling. You're pretty much "on your own" while snorkling. Someone does watch (from the shore), but not sure how much they pay attention. If you have children, watch them closely!!!

The food was ok; certainly nothing worth writing about. Hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken sandwiches (not chicken strips). Chips and a soft drink round out the "meal" portion of the pre-bought food. They do offer other food for a price (fries, conch fritters, etc). Again, food is ok, not "bad" really, but nothing special.

Cost was well worth the price. Snorkeling was nice. Rocks in the water was slippery (duh!). Go with water shoes (or flippers). Since there is no changing facilities, you need to go with your swimsuit under your clothes. BRING A TOWEL! You can rent them (but not sure of the cost or availability).

We were returned to the ship without any problem. Van was air conditioned (both ways, even in the flat tire one). Would I do this trip again? YES. Would I recommend it? YES! I doubt they get a flat tire with every tour. It happens. My wife and I enjoyed the tour along with others from our cruise that also went on this tour. If you're looking for something to do in Freeport besides shopping (which we didn't do there), and want to snorkel, try this place. I enjoyed it anyway. We had a blast. Happy sailing! Book with Barry and no worries! :D

• 2 months later...
Was the water fairly calm? I'm not a great snorkeler so calm water helps me. i.e., no large waves to deal with. I've e-mailed Barry and we are seriously considering this for our Freeport day in December. Thanks!
We were there in the summer, as opposed to winter, but the water was very calm. It was some of the easiest snorkeling I've done; the only easier one was Hanauma Bay on Oahu:D. You do have to cross some rocky areas to get to the snorkeling area, but I had absolutely no problem with waves. Now I didn't go out beyond the reef - there may have been more wave activity there. However, I had really great snorkeling staying inside the reef.

we went to Paradise Cove a couple years and LOVED it! Barry is a great, warm, friendly man. The area is just beautiful. I am in the process of putting together a group for Paradise Cove in just a few weeks as well.

Check out their website and email Barry, he responds promptly. You'll love it! Have fun...

Nina from Baltimore

Archived