Has anyone tried to get this on the boat?

rlwebst

I just saw this. Do you think I could get it on the ship? Separate the pieces and put them in different luggage. Then just pre order the booze from Carnival. Pretty cool and battery operated.

DM0900-000-000_15_3157_3_619148.PNG

Why wouldn't you be able to take this? It's an appliance, but it's not like an iron or hot plate. Shouldn't be a fire hazard. I don't think it is something you should feel you have to "sneak" on. If you have room in your luggage, why not?

I just saw this. Do you think I could get it on the ship? Separate the pieces and put them in different luggage. Then just pre order the booze from Carnival. Pretty cool and battery operated.

DM0900-000-000_15_3157_3_619148.PNG

I'm sure you could! Don't think there is any "rule" against it....but it seems like a lot of work.

If you order the bottles from Carnival you certainly aren't going to save any $$$ either, IMHO.

Why wouldn't you be able to take this? It's an appliance, but it's not like an iron or hot plate. Shouldn't be a fire hazard. I don't think it is something you should feel you have to "sneak" on. If you have room in your luggage, why not?

I'm sure you could! Don't think there is any "rule" against it....but it seems like a lot of work.

If you order the bottles from Carnival you certainly aren't going to save any $$$ either, IMHO.

It actually is prohibited under the household appliances clause. The electrical system onboard isn't able to handle stuff like this - especially if multiple cruisers started to bring stuff like this, coffee makers, etc.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/#q-544510

It actually is prohibited under the household appliances clause. The electrical system onboard isn't able to handle stuff like this - especially if multiple cruisers started to bring stuff like this, coffee makers, etc.

OP said its battery operated...wonder if that would make a difference? :confused:

I would call to ask...it's worth a shot! Then come back and let us know :p

It's battery operated, not electrical. I think it's cool.

You could call and ask. I missed the part about battery operated. How loud is it? I know from bartending many years ago blenders can be LOUD. Not sure how the room next door would feel if trying to nap or late at night and the thing was loud.

OP said its battery operated...wonder if that would make a difference? :confused:

I would call to ask...it's worth a shot! Then come back and let us know :p

We'd be interested in the reply also. Tend to think NO ... but who knows .... :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

It is $229 here shipped. Im sure I would not recover the cost on one cruise but would get my money worth over time.

They confiscated this from us, where WILL it end!?! Good luck if you take your blender, it looks harmless to me but expensive. I'd develop a taste for something other than frozen, blended drinks for the cruise if it were me. Martinis are a good start.;)

cabincooker.jpg

They confiscated this from us, where WILL it end!?! Good luck if you take your blender, it looks harmless to me but expensive. I'd develop a taste for something other than frozen, blended drinks for the cruise if it were me. Martinis are a good start.;)

cabincooker.jpg

Your kidding right.....need fresh fried pork rinds???

cabincooker.jpg

Lmao!!

I wouldn't bother trying to bring a blender on a cruise. Battery operated or not. Just my opinion.

Battery operated blenders really don't have a lot of power. They won't blend enough to make a smooth drink. That said.....what in the hell are you thinking??? The only appliance I would even consider on a vacation, much less a cruise, is a curling iron. If you need to drink that much put the money toward the Cheers program. And for cryin' out loud RELAX you are on vacation.

I did take one, but it was the electric one. I had bought it at a liquor just before we sailed. It was new in the box and I had no problems bring it on board. Using it was a different story. I only used it 2 times because they are very very loud and I did not want to disturb our neighbors. I would not take it again.

As far as not being strong enough because it is battery operated that isn't true in this case. This is the Margaritaville one that shaves the ice on the top and throws it down into the mixer and I want one!! lol :D Not for the cruise but to bring camping and wherever!

Battery operated blenders really don't have a lot of power. They won't blend enough to make a smooth drink. That said.....what in the hell are you thinking??? The only appliance I would even consider on a vacation, much less a cruise, is a curling iron. If you need to drink that much put the money toward the Cheers program. And for cryin' out loud RELAX you are on vacation.

I will be able to relax after I have about 15 drinks out of this mixer. LOl

Does not apply. It runs on batteries. It will never touch the ships electrical system. They may have to charge the battery, but that would be no more that charging a battery for a camera.

Archived