Constellation cabin selection advise needed - Croatia Italy & Spain - Sept 2019

cruisin lady ca

I am planning to book this cruise on Constellation. Since the 2019 Europe itineraries were just recently announced, I expected to have a reasonable number of CC cabins to choose from. It appears that all of the C2 cabins are already taken. So, there goes my Captain's Club upgrade. I am disappointed that the cabin choices are rather slim - only two C1 cabins on deck 6 (6136 and 6135) which are sandwiched between suites. There are a larger number of C3 cabins on deck 8 (8134, 8149, 8148-8156, 8152. 8177) and deck 9 (9126, 9157, 9140, 9175) available.

Can anyone share information about these cabins specifically or recommendations as to preferable locations. I would prefer to book a CC cabin in order to have a little more space.

My other option is to book a A1 cabin on deck 11, and take the one category upgrade from an A2. Does anyone have feedback on the A1 cabins? Are the aft facing cabins a good choice? Is there an overhang so that there is some shade/privacy on the balcony?

I have searched the M class spreadsheet for information about cabins and have found very little information. I also tried to search the Celebrity forum as a whole but didn't come up with much information or guidance. This will be my first time on Constellation and I do want to choose a good cabin so thanks in advance for your help.

We booked this cruise last week,2 days after the itinerary was released and was really surprised to find such limited availabilities. Makes me think they have held back some cabins. The 2 rooms available on deck 6 are huge but they were dearer. We are now booked in 1141,our first Aqua Class room.We are doing the cruise before this as well ,Greek isles.

I would not be surprised to find travel agents holding many of those "unavailable" cabins.

6135 and 6136 are two of the four best CC cabins. They are however connecting cabins. If 6144 is available, or it's comparable cabin on the port side this would be my first choice. It's the roomiest CC cabin on the ship and the location is quiet. There is a butler's pantry next to the cabin which does have a balcony. In the good ole days the crews used to use it as a smoking lounge but no longer.

If you want an Aqua on 11 you have the recommendation of GHStudio which I totally agree with. You do have to work with an agent to use your Captain's Club benefit for the move from A2 to A!. It can be a X agent or one of your own choosing and the move-up option can only be given at the time of initial booking.

The three dek 11 aft cabins recommended all have the largest balconies with enough cover to enjoy the scenery in almost all weather. There is a flag pole at 1140 which might block some views but I've never heard anyone in that cabin complain!

There are two more cabins on the aft but they have smaller balconies (but still larger than average) and are adjacent to the stairs down to the Oceanview and the doors can be a little noisy if caught in the wind.

I hope this helps.

Have never had an aft cabin but thinking of booking one while on upcoming cruise.budget matters and to be sure there is shade. Would be Caribbean on an S class ship away from smoking. Recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. The two C1 cabins that are available are 6136 and 6135. Is one better than the other? In the past, I have generally booked cabins on the starboard side in order to stay away from the smoking area on deck 5 of the S class ships. Does that hold true for Constellation and other M class ships too?

My other choices are A1 cabins 1141 and 1138. The difference in cost, assuming I am able to receive the Captain's Club upgrade from an A2 to A1 is $100 pp over the cost of the C1 cabin. I think it is worth the difference in cost - if everything else is equal. If the C1 cabins on deck 6 are better than the regular CC cabins, perhaps I am better off with one of those two (6135 or 6136). Is the fact that they are connecting cabins to the suites next door considered to be a "defect"? Is the cabin itself nicer because it connects to a suite so it "matches" the adjoining suite in terms of niceties? I am hoping someone can share their experiences with either the C1 or A1 cabins that are available. TYIA.

I would grab either 1138 or 1141..... Far better than any C1 and eating breakfast and dinner in Blu is easily worth an extra $100 per person.

Thank you for your input. I have gone ahead and booked 1138 for this cruise. I was able to get the Captain's Club upgrade so the savings will cover our gratuities. And I was able to move the OBC I got for booking a cruise while on board to this cruise by switching the cruise on our reservation. Now I can get back to planning my 2018 cruises.

6135 is a good cabin that is larger tha other c1 cabins as it can be a connecting cabin to the suite next door . Balcony also bigger.

Hi, dabear. Fancy meeting you here. I ended up booking 1138, an A1 aft cabin. This is the first aft cabin I've booked and we do enjoy dining in Blu so I am pretty excited. I must admit that I wish this cruise wasn't so pricey. I have no idea how so many cabins could be booked in the two weeks since the Europe itineraries were released. It seems a little fishy to me.

As has been the case on our upcoming Scandinavia & Russia cruise, I will be watching the prices carefully - and hope that I can capture a price reduction between now and final payment. We have both done pretty well with that in the past few months.

We booked this cruise last week,2 days after the itinerary was released and was really surprised to find such limited availabilities. Makes me think they have held back some cabins. The 2 rooms available on deck 6 are huge but they were dearer. We are now booked in 1141,our first Aqua Class room.We are doing the cruise before this as well ,Greek isles.

Thinking we will be neighbors as I just booked 1138. See you on the roll call!

You might want to keep this in mind....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2558616

If you do book, try to get 1138, 1140 or 1141 which are the A1 cabins in the rear with the much larger balconies.

I had seen the thread that covered the prospects of two of the M class ships being sold. I am willing to take a chance on this reservation since this is so far out in the future. I've always wanted to visit Barcelona and Venice so this cruise allows me to see both in one trip. I had looked at the Edge itineraries but the pricing is really up there - and the cabin choices are also quite limited. Will book a cruise on Edge down the road.