Fitness center on NCL Sun - how new is the equipment

zitsky

I read that there was a renovation in 2016. Was any of the fitness center equipment updated? I'm afraid I'll walk in and everything will be from the 1990's. And there will be one elliptical and two treadmills for 1900 passengers.

Never fear...there were sevreal ellipticals, treadmills, bikes, two rowers and a variety of weight machines. The machines would look at home in most gyms around my area.

Thank you for explaining that.

How crowded is it normally?

I read that there was a renovation in 2016. Was any of the fitness center equipment updated? I'm afraid I'll walk in and everything will be from the 1990's. And there will be one elliptical and two treadmills for 1900 passengers.

The gym was completely remodeled during the last renovation. New floor, new weight machines, new cardio machines. Was just on the Sun recently and the gym is small, but VERY nice.

Crowding depends completely on the cruise. Usually very busy in the early to mid morning. The older folks wake up at the crack of dawn and get their blood moving. Lunch time and after usually not very busy. However, when the passengers don't crowd the gym, the crew seems to show up and create moderate crowding.