Celebrity Solstice South Pacific Review - with PHOTOS and MENUS!

LuckiePuris

Loving your review & your pictures are great! :)

This ship was one of our favorites when she sailed out of Ft. Laud. FL

Can't believe how much the Martini's have gone up in price! When we were on the ship they were $10. ea. ! I guess it pays to have the Bev Pkg. !! :D

Can't believe how much the Martini's have gone up in price! When we were on the ship they were $10. ea. ! I guess it pays to have the Bev Pkg. !! :D

I think this cruise was one of those that includes gratuity in the price (non-tipping countries) [emoji4]

I think this cruise was one of those that includes gratuity in the price (non-tipping countries) [emoji4]

Yes that's correct - for cruises out of Australia, the drink prices are increased generally by $2 and the gratuity is automatically inbuilt into the menu prices.

However once the ship heads back to the US I would imagine the drinks still be priced $12-13 per drink plus gratuity on top, so works out about the same.

• 1 month later...

Great review thankyou! We did the 2015 cruise and plan to go again in 2017, very excited :) A question regarding flights - last time we flew up the day prior - did you have any issues flying in on the day of the cruise? What time flight did you have?

• 2 weeks later...
Great review thankyou! We did the 2015 cruise and plan to go again in 2017, very excited :) A question regarding flights - last time we flew up the day prior - did you have any issues flying in on the day of the cruise? What time flight did you have?

Hi there, we normally fly same day of the cruise as we are only flying a short distance Melbourne to Sydney, and there are multiple flights an hour.

I like to arrive no later than 10.30am into Sydney on the day of the cruise. And after the cruise, I like to book a flight midday onwards.

Hope this helps!

Thanks heaps, that's reassuring - we've booked from Mel to arrive in Syd at 9.15 and and booked a midday flight back on debarkation day :) Appreciate your help :)

Thanks heaps, that's reassuring - we've booked from Mel to arrive in Syd at 9.15 and and booked a midday flight back on debarkation day :) Appreciate your help :)

No worries at all :) With regards to airline, if you've already booked there's probably not much you can do but I just wanted to add that if flying same day cruise starts, I do prefer to fly myself and also my clients on Qantas or Virgin Australia. They are full service airlines that generally have less flight cancellations and tend to run more on time.

No worries at all :) With regards to airline, -----Qantas or Virgin Australia. They are full service airlines that generally have less flight cancellations and tend to run more on time.

I think that's good advice for any airline, in whichever part of the world.

Fabulous Saturday Evening Premium Cruise...I loved every bit of it...and all the food and drink sharings...thank you so very very much...beautiful photos and so glad Celebrity is still very good!!! Thank you for sharing down under. I am not much for venison...but I could try that!!! LOL..and still have something else right? Or only one thing on that night in Muranos? What a GREAT DREAM..thank you. I have a friend from high school who sold everything with her husband to both live and work in Australia for 4 years and see a son living there..they are on their third year..I think they bought there to move back with something or try to stay..they have had a very needed good time.....I loved seeing where you went from Down Under to close enough tropical isles!! Thank you. Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Appreciate your nice review, great pictures, etc. Seeing your views and angles for Sydney brought back such nice memories from our visit there two years ago as I have detailed below on my live/blog. Keep up the great sharing!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 142,664 views for this posting.

• 4 months later...

wonderful review and photos - thank you for sharing! brought back many memories for us and reminded us why we chose Solstice again this time.

in addition to your very comprehensive review, I would like to add something we learned last time. if you don't want to drink the sugar-laden orange juice "drink" in the OC, go the bar at the entrance to the buffet and you can get fresh squeezed orange juice.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...