Celebrity Solstice South Pacific Review - with PHOTOS and MENUS!

LuckiePuris

45 days until we sail on The Solstice for 12 nights of complete luxury!!! Our second voyage... and I am so excited!!! Reading the reviews of your two cruises, has been very insightful and helpful in planning what we are going to do in Noumea, Lifou, Suva, Lautoka and Isle of Pines. Also, what you have written about the ship, has only fuelled my absolute desire to be back on board. Thank you and roll on 20 March 2016 very quickly please!!!!!

You're very welcome, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

Wonderful review. Going in April this year. Did you go to Michaels at all for breakfast being a higher level in their tier system. First Celebrity usually Azamara. Thanks Shirley

We were Select Status so unfortunately weren't able to go to Michaels. We actually found the buffet best for breakfast as we liked bagels and smoked salmon each day.

Very exciting for your cruise, which voyage are you sailing on?

• 2 weeks later...

I have read both your Solstice reviews now and hopefully look forward to another after your March cruise. Thank you so much for all the detail you have provided.

After many years of trying to talk my husband into cruising, he finally gave in and we are booked on the South Pacific itinerary for March 2017. Even though I had never cruised before, I knew exactly which ship I wanted to book after reading reviews like yours. Thanks again [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

IMG_4944_zpsgixlfax1.jpg

The afternoon was spent in the solarium which does have those premium padded deck chairs perfect for relaxing. Swim in the pool and spa both comfortable temperatures.

Pre dinner tonight we purchased a card for the enematic wine dispensers at Cellarmasters, as you could do a self wine tasting with 8 whites and 8 reds. The wine pour size options were a small tasting from $1-$3 depending on the bottle, to half a glass, to a full glass. We thought this was a great concept but to be honest, the two wines I tasted I was not a fan of. This tasting is not compatible with any drink packages.

We absolutely loved Cellarmasters on our previous cruise however the sommelier really made the experience for us, making recommendations and educating us each night. We haven't really had the opportunity yet to build the rapport with the current sommelier, so hoping our experience will improve throughout the cruise. Cellarmasters menus below.

IMG_4963_zpspws2zuwk.jpg

IMG_4964_zpsar54gfs7.jpg

IMG_4965_zpsydbskjb0.jpg

IMG_4966_zpswl9zra6o.jpg

IMG_4969_zps91revxli.jpg

Hi,thanks for the great photos and info. Are the beer/spirit prices in Aud or Us? and include the 18%? Do you think that the drinks package is worth it? Thanks, Bill.

Hi,thanks for the great photos and info. Are the beer/spirit prices in Aud or Us? and include the 18%? Do you think that the drinks package is worth it? Thanks, Bill.

Hi Bill, all prices are US and as these menus were for Australia departing cruises, yes it included the 18% drink gratuity. The price you see is the price you pay.

While we do like lots of drinks on a holiday, if I didn't receive the drink package as a perk when booking, I don't believe it's worth it.

Even with coffees and teas, bubbles at lunch, wines and cocktails throughout the evening, we wouldn't "break even", let alone come out on top, if we had to pay for the drink package.

I definitely do think however it's worth paying the upgrade to premium package if you receive the classic package as a perk of booking.

I have read both your Solstice reviews now and hopefully look forward to another after your March cruise. Thank you so much for all the detail you have provided.

After many years of trying to talk my husband into cruising, he finally gave in and we are booked on the South Pacific itinerary for March 2017. Even though I had never cruised before, I knew exactly which ship I wanted to book after reading reviews like yours. Thanks again [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your kind words, I'm so glad the review helped!

We actually cancelled our March Solstice sailing for this year, nothing at all wrong with the cruise, just for a money point of view of as we are saving for a house and the cruise wasn't a cheap one.

But I will be going on a short three night P&O cruise next week and will be sure to post a review when back :)

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and please feel free to ask any questions, big or small, in the meantime!

I definitely do think however it's worth paying the upgrade to premium package if you receive the classic package as a perk of booking.

Hi Luckie,

I was wondering how you do this?

We are getting the classic package free but I want to upgrade to Premium while my husband is happy to stick with the Classic package.

Thank you,

Hi Luckie,

I was wondering how you do this?

We are getting the classic package free but I want to upgrade to Premium while my husband is happy to stick with the Classic package.

Thank you,

I like to upgrade before I go on the cruise, so the Premium Package is printed on my cruise card.

You can do this by calling Celebrity on 1800 754 500 from home. I would recommend to do this sooner rather than later, as there is a cut off closer to date where you can no longer upgrade over the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Fabulous pictures thank you for sharing

Very helpful review & pictures, many thanks for all the time and effort it must have taken to put it together - much appreciated.

cheers

Thank you for your kind words! It did take some time but I really wanted to spend the time in the review as I rely so much on CC and CC reviews for my own cruise research, and wanted to repay the favour.

I've just spend the good part of this afternoon / evening writing my P&O review from my short cruise on the weekend just gone. It's become a tradition now! :)

Edited by LuckiePuris