Different size Balcony Cabins on the NCL Sun

SS Exeter

I notice that the aft-facing balcony cabins are about 20 square feet smaller than the regular balcony cabins. How much of a difference does that 20 feet make. Seems like a lot for this size cabin. But we do love the aft-facing. Can anyone with experience help us?

Thanks so much BostonGal for your thoughts. I love aft cabins, but because it is much smaller than a regular balcony I have to give it up. Just from reading things about the two types of cabins - the aft cabin has a sofa that sleeps one person - the regular balcony cabins have sofas that sleep two people. My main concern - which I did not mention before - is that hubby takes an electric scooter. We can get it thru the door of either cabin - but there is no place to put it in the aft cabin. One of us would have to sleep on it...:rolleyes:. I have switched to a regular balcony. All four accessible balcony cabins are taken - perhaps one will open up - I will keep checking. Cruise is in March and lots can happen between now and then. Happy cruises!

If either 1002 or 1202 is available, one of those might suit your needs. They are also both on the same deck as the pool, which is nice. I've also heard really good things about the Sun's mini-suites, though I haven't stayed in one of those. Happy cruises to you as well :)

Having stayed in 9077, I think you made the right decision as I can't imagine where you could park the scooter unless you could get them to move the sofa. The other balcony cabins on Sun that I can HIGHLY recommend are the two bow facing on Deck 11. They are sized larger than any of the minis and have a HUGE balcony. Our favorite cabin of any we have ever sailed.....at least until March, our opinion might change then but given the price difference, I suspect not!:D