**NEW** Wine (by the bottle) Pricing List and Market Comparisons

Steelers36

Steelers36 -- we're also on the 60 night Island Princess this month. When I looked at TW the fine print says only credit cards with an US address. We are Canadian so that doesn't work for us to order on-line. Right now we are planning to go to TW on the day we arrive in FL and hope they will keep our box(es?) until the next day when we can pick them up on the way to the ship. Ideally we could avoid this we knew that the Gold Wine packages would be available. Any insight about the Island on packages? Our last Princess cruise was on the Diamond last April in Asia and no wine packages were offered.

Cheers,

Cheri

IDK if any wine packages will be offered. It is reasonable to think and hope so, but no way to know until we board. (I was hoping to find this out, along with other things, on a BVE on Dec 6, but Princess cancelled us out when the ship was delayed in dry dock).

There may be a way to "diddle" with the credit card process. Until I finish my order, I won't be able to advise. Nonetheless, they do have Customer Service, so I hope I can pay over the phone. Or, at the very least, have the wines pulled and boxed and totaled up.

Right now, my shopping basket has too many bottles in it and I need to pare it down. I need to get that done as some of my selections could get sold out on me. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
IDK if any wine packages will be offered. It is reasonable to think and hope so, but no way to know until we board. (I was hoping to find this out, along with other things, on a BVE on Dec 6, but Princess cancelled us out when the ship was delayed in dry dock).

There may be a way to "diddle" with the credit card process. Until I finish my order, I won't be able to advise. Nonetheless, they do have Customer Service, so I hope I can pay over the phone. Or, at the very least, have the wines pulled and boxed and totaled up.

Right now, my shopping basket has too many bottles in it and I need to pare it down. I need to get that done as some of my selections could get sold out on me. :eek:

My almost final report is that I was so busy leading up to the trip, I only completed my 24-bottle order today. Not only was my previous edited cart lost and I had to start over, but the promotions changed. I do not recall seeing a limited promotion for 20% off case or more - but I guess it was. I had even spoke to someone on the phone at the time. Anyway, suffice to say, I was not getting any automatic discount today. So I phoned in and did get 20% off Old World wines and upped my ratio of them. Then the rep said she was going to give me 10% off for the rest. I thought I was getting both - but then she re-priced it and I got 10% off everything, including a couple of "7" prices.

Anyway, I also wanted to pay with a gift Visa for $200 US I need to use up and the balance to my regular Visa. Nope, couldn't take two payments, so I didn't actually have to see if the Canadian address was going to be an issue. So, she sent it all over to the store, asking them to have it boxed up for tomorrow. I will pay at the store and then hopefully use two different cards. I can ask again about the pricing and see what they do there. I certainly do wish my other cart was not lost in the process as I had 20% off everything except "7" prices.

We'll see if it all fits in two boxes as well. I have time to deal with it tomorrow between arrival and dinner. Hope something works for you, CIANA, for the trip.

• 6 months later...

Hey Stellers36, just wondering what your latest and greatest wine list is? If it's this one that is fine, I have been doing my own comparisons on what wines the Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale has versus the Total Wine here in Richmond and wanted to cross reference to your wonderful list.

I too love excel!

Thanks

We also like to purchase a better wine and pay the corkage vs. rely on the by the bottle wine list or package that the cruise line provides. JMHO I would never criticize the wine list as long as they provide the reasonable option of carry on with corkage to make you happy.

However, with the Prem Bev Package being included on our reservation, we will probably carry on fewer wines. We will get the wine by glass and hope for the best. We know it will not be perfect but there seem to be some good choices and there is option to have different wines with different courses per person. Has anyone done "spreadsheet" cost analysis comparing the wines by the glass? Curious what different people would factor in.

Thanks for the information.

Thank you for all the work you did to help others with wine knowledge.

We just ordered a case from total wine, and can not wait to sip it at sea!

Is there a like button?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Don't forget BevMo offers a BOGO. Most of their wines are rated. We look for 4.5 to 5 star selling for $20. Never had a bad experience. Also, if you buy Korbel splits at the bar during Happy Hour; they do not open the bottle. You can take it back to your cabin. One split is perfect for 2 mimosas!!! :p:p:p

Also, if you buy Korbel splits at the bar during Happy Hour; they do not open the bottle. You can take it back to your cabin. One split is perfect for 2 mimosas!!! [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Keep talking about this happy hour please. I'm not familiar with theirs.

The twice daily BOGO1$ Happy Hours at one bar was cancelled fleetwide several months ago. It’s been reported that the Grand has occasionally had it late night but that’s an effort on one ship to increase alcohol sales.