17 Day Panama Canal Cruise ending in SF

DoorCounty

No, Pier 27 is the new (couple years old now) Cruise Terminal. Sailed from there in October. Pier 35 is the backup.

Thanks CB, I haven't been to the new terminal yet. The old terminal was very convenient to walk to from hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area. Is Pier 27 also convenient from that area?

Thanks CB, I haven't been to the new terminal yet. The old terminal was very convenient to walk to from hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area. Is Pier 27 also convenient from that area?

It is maybe two blocks south of Pier 35, or further from Fisherman's Wharf.

No, Pier 27 is the new (couple years old now) Cruise Terminal. Sailed from there in October. Pier 35 is the backup.

It's (#27) a nice one! Hop on Hop off bus stops right in front

The old one (#35) still has pigeons flying around inside ;)

It's (#27) a nice one! Hop on Hop off bus stops right in front

The old one (#35) still has pigeons flying around inside ;)

So the hop on off bus stops right by our pier????? That would be great. Does one have to book ahead or can we wait to be sure not raining the day we get there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So the hop on off bus stops right by our pier????? That would be great. Does one have to book ahead or can we wait to be sure not raining the day we get there?

When are you going to be there?

Do some research. Find out if there is a discount if you book in advance.

You can get on the bus and get tix from the asst. in front of Pier #27. I did it last year. The bus will drive you to Fishermen's Wharf (their office is within a block from there) where you can transfer to a new bus to start the route (or explore Fisherman's Wharf first, then get on the bus). You will need to find out where your ship will dock. Are you on Amsterdam?

You can get on the bus and get tix from the asst. in front of Pier #27. I did it last year. The bus will drive you to Fishermen's Wharf (their office is within a block from there) where you can transfer to a new bus to start the route (or explore Fisherman's Wharf first, then get on the bus). You will need to find out where your ship will dock. Are you on Amsterdam?

I'm on the Zaandam. Leave San Diego May 1, arrive San Francisco May 3- paperwork says pier 35. This was printed a few months ago. The reason I asked about buying bus tickets was not to save money but if we get to dock and it's pouring rain not sure I want to walk blocks to bus and do whole day in The rain. Would rather wait to see weather on the 3rd of May.

I'm on the Zaandam. Leave San Diego May 1, arrive San Francisco May 3- paperwork says pier 35. This was printed a few months ago. The reason I asked about buying bus tickets was not to save money but if we get to dock and it's pouring rain not sure I want to walk blocks to bus and do whole day in The rain. Would rather wait to see weather on the 3rd of May.

Rain in May is pretty rare. Not impossible, but rare.