Flights from Manchester - Cunard want large on cost

Splice the mainbrace

We’rehaving a bit of an issue with Cunard at the moment regarding flights and pricesfor a cruise next year.

Webooked directly with Cunard 7 months ago and at the time of booking we said that we wanted to flyfrom Manchester but as the flights were not available at the time were toldby the Cunard booking agent that the booking would be from London for now and can be amended later (looking back now seems really strange why this advice was given).

When the long haul flights werereleased in July with London showing on our booking we phoned straight away to get them changed toManchester and to our amazement they want £470 per person add on charge andthreatened to charge us the 15% deposit as we were amending the booking and itwas classed as a new booking, although after questioning they said they couldwave the 15%. The actual Manchester equivalent long haul are the same price onthe outward flight and it would only be the on cost of the Heathrow toManchester shuttle on the return at around £55 each, however if they 'normally' apply a £170 on cost so be it.

Thereasoning that they gave for the £470 on cost was that the ‘flight allowancecost’ had gone up from circa £920 at the time of our booking to £1220, anincrease of £300 + the normal £170 on cost for flying from Manchester. Why justamending our booking in line with our original request incurs the higher flightallowance cost I don’t know.

I emailed customer complaints 2 weeks ago to ask that they amend the flights for the normal £170 on cost rather then the higher cost which they have been quoting but although I got an acknowledgement I have not had a response yet (up to 28 days is stated on their acknowledgement). I think that the problem is that the Cunard flight booking system cannot amend bookings without automatically applying the current charges but I'm hoping that a manual intervention can be used.

Hasanyone else come across this issue in the past? It has some what soured mylong standing relationship with Cunard at the moment!

We’rehaving a bit of an issue with Cunard at the moment regarding flights and pricesfor a cruise next year.

Webooked directly with Cunard 7 months ago and at the time of booking we said that we wanted to flyfrom Manchester but as the flights were not available at the time were toldby the Cunard booking agent that the booking would be from London for now and can be amended later (looking back now seems really strange why this advice was given).

When the long haul flights werereleased in July with London showing on our booking we phoned straight away to get them changed toManchester and to our amazement they want £470 per person add on charge andthreatened to charge us the 15% deposit as we were amending the booking and itwas classed as a new booking, although after questioning they said they couldwave the 15%. The actual Manchester equivalent long haul are the same price onthe outward flight and it would only be the on cost of the Heathrow toManchester shuttle on the return at around £55 each, however if they 'normally' apply a £170 on cost so be it.

Thereasoning that they gave for the £470 on cost was that the ‘flight allowancecost’ had gone up from circa £920 at the time of our booking to £1220, anincrease of £300 + the normal £170 on cost for flying from Manchester. Why justamending our booking in line with our original request incurs the higher flightallowance cost I don’t know.

I emailed customer complaints 2 weeks ago to ask that they amend the flights for the normal £170 on cost rather then the higher cost which they have been quoting but although I got an acknowledgement I have not had a response yet (up to 28 days is stated on their acknowledgement). I think that the problem is that the Cunard flight booking system cannot amend bookings without automatically applying the current charges but I'm hoping that a manual intervention can be used.

Hasanyone else come across this issue in the past? It has some what soured mylong standing relationship with Cunard at the moment!

If booked direct with Cunard, then the booking conversation was probably recorded. You must refer Cunard back to actual recording as evidence in support of your allegation, In addition ask for a copy of the Booking recording and a written transcript.

If booked direct with Cunard, then the booking conversation was probably recorded. You must refer Cunard back to actual recording as evidence in support of your allegation, In addition ask for a copy of the Booking recording and a written transcript.

I would very much doubt that. Most call centres state "calls may be recorded for training" or whatever, but in reality most do not and certainly they will not keep those recordings for any length of time (if they existed in the first place).

I would be amazed if they produce a written transcript of a call you made 7 months ago.

I had a debate with canard about a discount that was promised by the agent, which at first I didn't notice had not been applied. I contacted them 2 months later. At firdt they wouldn't do any thing until I insisted they listened to the recording .

We booked the Q.V. Southampton to SF with flight direct with Cunard the flights were not available at the time. When they were bookable they were back to Manchester and showed at no extra cost. Sounds as though the information you were given initially was incorrect but you accepted this in good faith ! I would say keep pursuing this and eventually someone in authority will agree with you.

Excuse the typo, but canard isn't a bad name as their first instinct is to duck every question. Call centres have been digital for years, every conversation will be recorded digitally and stored for years. Just insist they listen to it. Any questions you can demand every digital bit of data concerning you under GDPR

Excuse the typo, but canard isn't a bad name as their first instinct is to duck every question. Call centres have been digital for years, every conversation will be recorded digitally and stored for years. Just insist they listen to it. Any questions you can demand every digital bit of data concerning you under GDPR

Hopefully it won't come to this but they'll see sense and realise that a couple living in the NW England wouldn't ask for London flights as default and we certainly wouldn't have knowingly agreed to it. (I know that my profile shows Southampton but that's my spiritual home where I used to live).