Paying for left over upgrades on oasis

iambrink

Not really sure what to call this question, but does RCCL offer discounted upgrades as you get closer to your sail date? I am new to RCCL and have only sailed Disney where we have been able to pay for concierge upgrades at the port at a nice discount. Just curious if RCCL has any sort of process to sell suites at a discount when trying to fill them closer to the sail date... could I call them and ask? Anyone been successful? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Not really sure what to call this question, but does RCCL offer discounted upgrades as you get closer to your sail date? I am new to RCCL and have only sailed Disney where we have been able to pay for concierge upgrades at the port at a nice discount. Just curious if RCCL has any sort of process to sell suites at a discount when trying to fill them closer to the sail date... could I call them and ask? Anyone been successful? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

RC does offer reduced price upgrades from time to time, but they call you.

I don't think I have been on a ship that was not 100% sold out at sail date.

IMHO I am not seeing any chance of ever getting an upgrade on left over cabins at the

pier, but I do watch for price drops after final payments to upgrade myself should a deal

present itself. :)

We just sailed Oct 1. The suites on our cruise sold out at least 30 days prior to sailing. I had called about that time and was told there was not any suites available. There were several signs around on the day of boarding that stated the ship was full and upgrades were not available

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just sailed Oct 1. The suites on our cruise sold out at least 30 days prior to sailing. I had called about that time and was told there was not any suites available. There were several signs around on the day of boarding that stated the ship was full and upgrades were not available

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what I see also, on every cruise. Many years ago, pax could walk up to Guest Services to ask if there were any left over cabins to upgrade themselves, that does not happen any longer. RCI is pretty good at filling the ship after final payment. They call pax to see if they want to pay some extra to upgrade, (Revenue department) after that the "upgrade fairy" steps up give out those illusive free upgrades...all to free up the cheaper cabins to fill the ship late.

The signs are out to stop peeps from getting in line to ask. Smart. ;)