Carnival Sunshine or Magic?

John_316

:) Hi, we’re trying to decide which ship is better for our 2nd time cruise. We are a family of 4 with teenagers. Sunshine or Magic? Thanks!!

We have 2 boys, now 14 and 20, and if had to pick, we prefer the Sunshine. The biggest difference to us was the Magic felt very crowded. It is a bigger ship, and we tend to like about 3000 passengers or less - it is easier to find each other. We don't like the fact that Alchemy is tucked away on Magic. We also really like Havana bar on Sunshine as well as Jijis, but if you like Indian, Tandoor is delicious on Magic. Contrary to many, we prefer the smaller comedy club on Sunshine over the larger ones - we have never really had to wait more than 10-15 minutes.

So really, it is in the VERY minor details and personal preference because both have great sport squares and things for the kids to do.

we actually prefer the Sunshine, we've sailed on her twice before and the Magic was our last cruise this past Christmas. We adored the Breeze and expected the Magic to be the same but it wasn't for us. The Sunshine has less crowds, pool on Serenity deck, great waterworks and kid's camp activities, etc. The Thalassotherapy and Serenity on the Magic didn't seem as great for us as we would have expected.

With teenagers, I’d choose the Magic. No contest. Magic was my teenage girls first cruise, and they absolutely had a blast! Loved the rope course, and the Waterworks area on the Magic is super fun!

They are fun! But just to note, Sunshine has both of those features as well.

We have been on both ships and enjoyed them both. We have a slight preference for Sunshine but think you can't go wrong on either. What gives Sunshine a slight edge for us is the larger Serenity area and that Serenity has its own pool on Sunshine. Loved it! Having Jiji's Asian Kitchen and Bonsai Sushi are also pluses for us. Biggest plus we found with Magic is the complete wrap-around deck.

I think with these two options you really can't make a bad choice.

They are fun! But just to note, Sunshine has both of those features as well.

We have been on both ships and enjoyed them both. We have a slight preference for Sunshine but think you can't go wrong on either. What gives Sunshine a slight edge for us is the larger Serenity area and that Serenity has its own pool on Sunshine. Loved it! Having Jiji's Asian Kitchen and Bonsai Sushi are also pluses for us. Biggest plus we found with Magic is the complete wrap-around deck.

I think with these two options you really can't make a bad choice.

Thanks, I think we deciding on the Sunshine. What about oceanview or balcony?

Thanks, I think we deciding on the Sunshine. What about oceanview or balcony?

Personally, we get a balcony and put our sons in an inside across the hall. The rooms are less than 200 sq feet and 4 adult size humans, plus the lack of privacy and only one bathroom, just don't work for us. It is worth every penny to have the extra private space and bath.

Have not traveled on the Sunshine but did Magic this year and Breeze last year. I would not sail on the Magic again. The smoking is out of hand on that ship and is allowed in way too many common areas. We were really bothered by it even in the elevators. The Magic also felt way more crowded as others have stated. We could never find a lounge chair and did not have this issue on the Breeze even though it was just as large. The Sunshine was in port with us and looked like a nice ship. May consider it next year.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can snag a category 6K on Sunshine, grab it! We had that cabin with two teens and it was great to have the extra space! Sunshine was fun, but is showing its age, and is hard to navigate. Took me a while to figure out how to get to the main dining room. You have to go up, and then down, it was confusing, but I got the hang of it.

Next cruise is on the Magic so I’ll soon be able to compare the two!

:) Hi, we’re trying to decide which ship is better for our 2nd time cruise. We are a family of 4 with teenagers. Sunshine or Magic?

Magic for sure! We sailed on the Sunshine last year and the common spaces were just too small for the amount of people on board! We felt squeezed in like sardines! We just got off the Magic last week and it was great! The only common area that was crowded was Lido but that is the case on every ship !! For sure go with Magic and the fantastic cruise director - Cookie! He is hilarious!!

Does the magic have anything for kids that does not include them in the clubs? Perhaps that the whole family could participate in, or that we can bring them to and sit in..(we've done pizza making, science experiment, escape room etc on other ships)..I know there is a rope course and water slides.

Thanks