hangers

We usually pack some things right on the wire hangers that you get from the dry cleaners and then leave them behind at the conclusion of our cruise. It gives us enough hangers and leaves more room for DW to pack the useless trinkets that she buys ashore!;)

My DW packs our garment bag with formals already on hangers, and then on the outside of several of our bags, she will pack more hangers.

What is interesting, we were on a B2B this summer, and started off in a Grand Suite, and then for the 2nd cruise, we had an OS. Well, the hangers and hooks are different in a GS vs and OS. The hooks in a GS will not fit the bars in the OS.

So, the morning of our move, we had to grab hangers from the OS, bring them back to the GS, and rehang what we did not have on our own hangers.

It was something to do, while we waited for the OS to be cleaned, so that we could move in.:)

Rick

We've always had more than enough, especially since we pack quite a few things onto hangers. We repack the same way going home, that way we know we'll be able to fit it all in the cases again.

Just a note for people who like to attempt being a little more "green". We've been on ships tours, toured cabins while they are still cleaning and the wire hangers are put into the trash when left behind. I think they just have an overabundance of them and can't keep them all. We prefer to bring ours home and recycle them. I also save and re-use the dry cleaner bags.

Archived