Promenade Cabin on Mariner

Iv only been on the Voyager, not the sister ship mariner. which deck are you thinking of booking? 6 you see the best, but could be noisy, 8 to me is too high, most prefer deck 7.

good cabins to me to watch the parades and activity if you are a people watcher.

I am also a people watcher. We had one on Mariner in Oct 08, 8th deck. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it. Wasn't much more than standard inside and the arrangement of the room was great. We had a setting area by the window and the bed was crossways in the room. There was a setting area infront of window and a coach. By the way, it wasn't loud at all. During parades you could hear some sound, but very low volume in the rooms. Look forward to more PR.

I just booked our first PR.............. 7611 on Explorer. I wanted to be close to the elevators and thought being on the end would give us a nice view for parade & people watching.

I hope I made the right decision.

I think we booked 6611 or 6311 on Explorer, one of the two, so its right below the one you had. I'm not worried about noise, but I'm worried about positiion. Do you know exactly what its above? I'm thinking it could be too far away to see the parade?

I think we booked 6611 or 6311 on Explorer, one of the two, so its right below the one you had. I'm not worried about noise, but I'm worried about positiion. Do you know exactly what its above? I'm thinking it could be too far away to see the parade?

The parade ends at that end of the promonade, if you are in 6311 you will be almost over the excursion desk from what I can remember.

We are considering booking a Promenade Cabin (inside with windows) on the Mariner of the Seas.

Has anyone been in these cabins?

Could I please get some feedback :confused:

Gidday.

Just back from 7 weeks on Mariner Cape Canaveral to L.A.

Had promenade on deck 7 and 8 .. Great rooms, with two couches. No real noise through double glazed windows. Preference for us was opposite end from Customer Service reception. Looking down onto cafe, had advantage of closer/easier to grab a coffee, and to watch happenings on "Johnnys Bridge" from room.

Sue and Phil

The Promenade rooms are great. We had adjoining ones last May. I'm not going to try to discourage you from booking them.

However, one thing to consider before spending the extra dough.

The windows aren't darkened from the outside. As a result, anyone can see in if you leave the blinds open. With that in mind, we found we had the drapes pulled shut almost all the time rendering the window useless.

If you think you would actually sit on the couch and watch people down below, it would be a wise investment. We wouldn't do it again though. We're cruising in May but decided to save the extra money and put it towards something else on the ship.

Just a thought.

Gidday.

Just back from 7 weeks on Mariner Cape Canaveral to L.A.

Had promenade on deck 7 and 8 .. Great rooms, with two couches. No real noise through double glazed windows. Preference for us was opposite end from Customer Service reception. Looking down onto cafe, had advantage of closer/easier to grab a coffee, and to watch happenings on "Johnnys Bridge" from room.

Sue and Phil

Sue and Phil

We are looking at cabins #'s 8287, 8283, 8281 or 8583 can you suggest a cabin # that we could ask for

Thanks, Jacki

Sue and Phil

We are looking at cabins #'s 8287, 8283, 8281 or 8583 can you suggest a cabin # that we could ask for

Thanks, Jacki

Gidday again Jacki.

Would prefer the 8583 SIDE of ship, but more towards front. (We also had 8297 for one leg of cruise, which is near your other rooms mentioned)

We had 7563, but we reckon any of floor 6, 7 or 8 from room x553 to x563 would suit us fine, for the reasons mentioned. From those rooms its a birds eye view of Cafe Promenade, across and below from room.

S and P

Does anyone know if there is a reason that the only 2 PR cabins left were the last 2 at the very end .....7253 and 7255.....has anyone been in these and is the view ok??? I went ahead and booked these cabins for my kids...cause they were originally going to be down the hall several cabins in a 4 person cabin.... and i just happened to get online a couple days ago "browsing" and found these 2 cabins right across the hall from ours....so I jumped on them.....and the price difference was not that much at all!! I was really surprised! And athe kids are thrilled to be in 2 separate cabins instead of crammed in one!! :) Thanks for any opinions here!!

Sue and Phil

Thanks, Jacki

8283 is perfect. midship & not sandwiched between 2 cabins. In fact our friends had that cabin last cruise & others we are traveling with this weekend have 8281 & 8283!!

We just loved our (deck 8) promenade cabin on the Mariner. I just can't do an inside without a window. It's too closed in for me personally. With the window overlooking the promenade I don't get that feeling. We didn't hear any noise other than people walking by our door and the parade which we wanted to hear as we watched from our bay window. We loved it so much that we booked another deck 8 cabin on our next Freedom cruise in January.

We were in cabin 6611 on Explorer last summer and it was a great location. We were very close to the elevator, and never heard any noise. This cabin is at the end of the Promenade, just opposite the Guest Relations Desk. It is not, however, the best location for viewing the parade. That said, the parade lasts 10 minutes tops, and I wouldn't change the cabin because of that. You can always just scout out a great spot on the promenade for the parades.

Karen

I gave up a balcony cabin to get two adjoining Promenade rooms. It cost the same. I prefer more space, my kids in their own room with their own bathroom...and window. I am very happy with my decision.

I have 8325 and 8327.

Yes, you can see 'everything' is you leave the curtains open. We were in 7557 on the Navigator and we loved the location. We normally get a balcony, but, this was a two day cruise, so we decided we would try the PR cabins. I would definitely choose those instead of an inside. We just do not like the closed in feeling of an inside cabin, so the PR cabins are perfect. But, do close the curtains!

Janet

We were in cabin 6611 on Explorer last summer and it was a great location. We were very close to the elevator, and never heard any noise. This cabin is at the end of the Promenade, just opposite the Guest Relations Desk. It is not, however, the best location for viewing the parade. That said, the parade lasts 10 minutes tops, and I wouldn't change the cabin because of that. You can always just scout out a great spot on the promenade for the parades.

Karen

Thanks alot. Exactly what I was looking for!

Archived