First time Carribean Cruise

Eveglos

Thanks for your input. Not having cruised before, we’re a bit overwhelmed. We’ll see how we get on when we go to the Fjords on P&O’s Azurra.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Eve

Azura is identical to the Princess ships, as they used to be the same company; they're called Grand Class ships and have the same design apart from the decor.

We've been on quite a few lines now, and have found that the vast majority of the people of all nationalities are pleasant company, but I'd still stick to a fly/cruise if I was going to the Carib because of the simplicity- you'll meet lots of nationalities on the beaches, after all. :D

Enjoy the fjords. :)

Azura is identical to the Princess ships, as they used to be the same company; they're called Grand Class ships and have the same design apart from the decor.

We've been on quite a few lines now, and have found that the vast majority of the people of all nationalities are pleasant company, but I'd still stick to a fly/cruise if I was going to the Carib because of the simplicity- you'll meet lots of nationalities on the beaches, after all. :D

Enjoy the fjords. :)

You can do a fly/cruise with most cruise lines. No need to limit yourself to P&O .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Yes, most cruise companies will organise flights for you- been there, done that- but P&O and Marella use chartered planes from local airports, and in the Carib, there's no waiting for immigration etc- the plane goes near to the shuttle bus, and your luggage is taken straight to the ship. Also, it's the return, with being allowed to stay on the ship until your plane is ready. Once, in Egypt, we didn't leave the ship until 4pm, which was much better than sitting in an airport all day- there was even provision for people who'd gone snorkelling that day, for showers. :)

I'll not forget going fly/cruise with NCL from Barcelona...we watched an Easjet fly off to Newcastle at 11.30am, and we arrived in N/C at 6.30 pm, after a long wait in Amsterdam... :(

Yes, most cruise companies will organise flights for you- been there, done that- but P&O and Marella use chartered planes from local airports, and in the Carib, there's no waiting for immigration etc- the plane goes near to the shuttle bus, and your luggage is taken straight to the ship. Also, it's the return, with being allowed to stay on the ship until your plane is ready. Once, in Egypt, we didn't leave the ship until 4pm, which was much better than sitting in an airport all day- there was even provision for people who'd gone snorkelling that day, for showers. :)

I'll not forget going fly/cruise with NCL from Barcelona...we watched an Easjet fly off to Newcastle at 11.30am, and we arrived in N/C at 6.30 pm, after a long wait in Amsterdam... :(

True. However, I'd rather go on my preferred cruise line and sort out my own flights/hotels pre and post cruise, rather than go on my second or third choice ship, just because of the flight arrangements. It is, for example, quite easy to incorporate a tour after disembaking the ship prior to flying home, or getting a day pass at a hotel.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app