SEA to Vancouver car rental Avis only option?

garner384

I plan on renting a car to get me and my family of 5 from SEA to Vancouver. Two and three years ago when I did this therewre multiple rental agencies allowing this on way rental. As of right now Avis is the only company that seems to be offering the one way rental on May 9.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any thoughts on if more companies will open up this option as the date gets closer?

Thanks!

I just checked on Kayak.com, and they have Avis and Budget listed for May 9. Prices are high - $300+ for a vehicle that seats 5 w/ luggage comfortably. Glad I booked in January!

EDIT: I think I read that some agencies don't do one-ways early in the season, so it might be to early for Alamo, National, etc.

Thanks everyone!

I currently have a rental from Avis through Costco for a Tahoe $317. I had not seen anything through Hertz so that was helpful. National will not let me book on that date. I hope as things get closer maybe prices will come down and\or more options might open up.

It is frustrating because I did this 2 years ago from Alamo for half that price for a minivan.

Because of time limitations I am flying into SEA the night before my cruise and there was not a reasonable flight for 5 to Vancouver. I am too late for trains and buses and I do not want to depend on the train the morning of the cruise. Crossing my fingers for a better deal.

Sent from my moto x4 using Forums mobile app

In general minivans and other large-capacity vehicles are too niche to get deals this far in advance. As the season begins and more folks start moving cars one way, small groups of folks get excellent deals as any size car will do - but if you insist on one big car there will always be fewer around. You might get lucky again with a minivan or big SUV, you might not - but if you have 2 drivers I'd be very surprised if you couldn't split yourselves into 2 groups and pay <$100 per car. Even gas might be just as cheap for two nice subcompacts compared to one big guzzler;-)

I plan on renting a car to get me and my family of 5 from SEA to Vancouver. Two and three years ago when I did this therewre multiple rental agencies allowing this on way rental. As of right now Avis is the only company that seems to be offering the one way rental on May 9.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any thoughts on if more companies will open up this option as the date gets closer?

Thanks!

I've done it with National twice. Here's the contact info for the 3 companies who are at both SeaTac airport and Pier 91.

Tom

----------------------------------

For Alamo reservations, please call 1-800-462-5266 or 1-800-go-alamo.

For National reservations, please so call 1-800-227-7368 or 1-800-car-rent.

For Enterprise reservation, please call 1-800-736-8222 or 1-800-rent-a-car.

The car rentals will be locally supported by the Seattle downtown location at:

Alamo Rent A Car National Car Rental Enterprise Rent A Car

Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle

1301 6th Avenue 1301 6th Ave. 1301 6th Ave.

Seattle, WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101

(206) 292-9770 (206) 292-9770 (206) 382-1051

I've done it with National twice. Here's the contact info for the 3 companies who are at both SeaTac airport and Pier 91.

Tom

----------------------------------

For Alamo reservations, please call 1-800-462-5266 or 1-800-go-alamo.

For National reservations, please so call 1-800-227-7368 or 1-800-car-rent.

For Enterprise reservation, please call 1-800-736-8222 or 1-800-rent-a-car.

The car rentals will be locally supported by the Seattle downtown location at:

Alamo Rent A Car National Car Rental Enterprise Rent A Car

Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle

1301 6th Avenue 1301 6th Ave. 1301 6th Ave.

Seattle, WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101

(206) 292-9770 (206) 292-9770 (206) 382-1051

And OP did you try signing up for Emerald Club and then trying? I can book emerald aisle one way for $214 without entering any discount codes or coupons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Edited by fastpitchdad

Update:

National will not let me rental even after signing up for Emerald.

Enterprise off airport locations will let me rental a minivan for $146 using my corporate discount, but my flight arrives at 9:30 pm. Will not let me rental from the airport.

Avis through Costco travel I can get a Tahoe for $317.

Budget will allow the rental but not for a large enough car.

Alamo nothing.

Update:

Enterprise off airport locations will let me rental a minivan for $146 using my corporate discount, but my flight arrives at 9:30 pm. Will not let me rental from the airport.

Are you headed straight to Vancouver or staying overnight in Seattle? If staying overnight, book a room either at the airport or Tukwila (most if not all of them have a free airport shuttle form my research) & get a car the next morning form the Renton location if that is considered off airport. You can Uber over of they also pick you up (think you have to book that in advance).