Drinks in cabin?

Hi!

We are cruising with another couple on the Pacific Pearl in 26 sleeps...:D My question is, are you allowed to take on board your own soft drink? IE Cans of coke for in your cabin? I have read that some people have, but is that on the ships in the US? Thanks again for the amazing info!:)

Hi!

We are cruising with another couple on the Pacific Pearl in 26 sleeps...:D My question is, are you allowed to take on board your own soft drink? IE Cans of coke for in your cabin? I have read that some people have, but is that on the ships in the US? Thanks again for the amazing info!:)

A big yes you can take soft drink on board with you.

Cool! Do you just pack it in your suitcase? Sorry for the dumb question!! But they just scan the suitcases and would open it to check out that its not alcohol? Thanks!
there is no dumb questions on here as far Im concerned,

I would take as carry on lugage as it make not make it in one peice if you know what I mean;)

Ah, cool! My other 'not dumb' question is... Can you take your own water bottles with you when you get to a port? To have during the day. :)

Yes. We always do. Usually the instruction is given that only 'commercially bottled water can be taken ashore'. We fill our own water bottles and take them ashore and have never been queried. :)

Obviously no food can be taken ashore.

Ah, cool! My other 'not dumb' question is... Can you take your own water bottles with you when you get to a port? To have during the day. :)

yes you can take your own water off but no food

yes you can take bottled water off the ship and as it has been said about food but you can not take food back on the ship from the ports they go to.

but in saying that when it comes to kids we have allways taking some food with us from home and takin this same food off the ship and in return the same., if you go port villa Tanna coffee can be taking back on to the ship and back to Australia as well.

I took cans of Zero Coke on board, on carry on Luggage, customs got me to open the bag just to check it was cans of soft drink and not alcohol. I did also have to get my suitcase checked as well because I'd put a pair of scissors in it.

yes you can take bottled water off the ship and as it has been said about food but you can not take food back on the ship from the ports they go to.

but in saying that when it comes to kids we have allways taking some food with us from home and takin this same food off the ship and in return the same., if you go port villa Tanna coffee can be taking back on to the ship and back to Australia as well.

I don't agree with your comments.:) You can take food or flowers on to the ship. It is only alcohol that is not permitted on P & O.

It is clearly stated that you cannot take food ashore from the ship, not even in Australian ports. You can be fined heavily for taking food and the excuse that you have a child with you would not carry any weight.

There are a limited number of foods that can be brought into Australia. These are generally processed foods such as coffee and chocolate, but of course nothing with meat in it. If you want to bring food into Australia, just declare it in your incoming passenger card and talk to the Quarantine staff about it.

I don't agree with your comments.:) You can take food or flowers on to the ship. It is only alcohol that is not permitted on P & O.

It is clearly stated that you cannot take food ashore from the ship, not even in Australian ports. You can be fined heavily for taking food and the excuse that you have a child with you would not carry any weight.

There are a limited number of foods that can be brought into Australia. These are generally processed foods such as coffee and chocolate, but of course nothing with meat in it. If you want to bring food into Australia, just declare it in your incoming passenger card and talk to the Quarantine staff about it.

try and bring flowers back into Australia. mmmm if we take food from Australia on to the ship when we depart lets say Brisbane and at the end of the cruise we want to it home with we can as it came from AUSTRALIA we can take it back as long as it is in the same packeging as left in.( we are not talking about meat eg) if you do not believe me you can ask customs as we have done this on every cruise from AUSTRALIA.

as for TANNA coffee you can bring it back to AUSTRALIA as much as you likebut remember you have to carry it. on our last cruise to the pacific islands we brought back 20 packets of coffee and we decared it and they passed us through.

your comment Quote ( You can be fined heavily for taking food and the excuse that you have a child with you would not carry any weight.)

with food we take from Australia for the kids can be takin back into AUSTRALIA as long as it is in the orginals packeging.

Who in there right mind would want to take meat off the ship or try to take it back onto the ship, it is just to hot to keep meat at the best of times in the pacific island with out a frige

We have and still do and all ways have takin food off the ship at ports we have been to ( lollies chips eg) some thing fore them to eat when there is not alot at the ports just to tide them over till they get back to the ship, there is no way on earth I would feed the children some thing from the islands,

Love Thied

try and bring flowers back into Australia. mmmm if we take food from Australia on to the ship when we depart lets say Brisbane and at the end of the cruise we want to it home with we can as it came from AUSTRALIA we can take it back as long as it is in the same packeging as left in.( we are not talking about meat eg) if you do not believe me you can ask customs as we have done this on every cruise from AUSTRALIA.

as for TANNA coffee you can bring it back to AUSTRALIA as much as you likebut remember you have to carry it. on our last cruise to the pacific islands we brought back 20 packets of coffee and we decared it and they passed us through.

your comment Quote ( You can be fined heavily for taking food and the excuse that you have a child with you would not carry any weight.)

with food we take from Australia for the kids can be takin back into AUSTRALIA as long as it is in the orginals packeging.

Who in there right mind would want to take meat off the ship or try to take it back onto the ship, it is just to hot to keep meat at the best of times in the pacific island with out a frige

We have and still do and all ways have takin food off the ship at ports we have been to ( lollies chips eg) some thing fore them to eat when there is not alot at the ports just to tide them over till they get back to the ship, there is no way on earth I would feed the children some thing from the islands,

Love Thied

I don't think you read my post (or your previous one) very carefully.:D

I said you can take flowers on to the ship (and I have seen that done in French Polynesia). I did not say you could bring them into Australia. Of course you can't.

In your previous post you said you take food "off the ship and return same". That indicates that you take the food when you go off the ship as well as when your eturn to Australia. I repeat - Passengers are not to take food ashore in our ports of call. You have repeated in your last paragraph that you take food ashore in contravention of local quarantine laws. I consider this disrespectful to the countries the ship is visiting. On one cruise we had a tremendous hold-up disembarking and it was announced over the PA that the local authorities had found food in a woman's bag so every disembarking passenger's bag had to be searched. This took quite a while.

You should not disregard local laws and the clear instruction by P & O not to take food ashore, and please do not tell other people they can take food ashore.

I did say if you want to bring food into Australia you should declare it and show the item to the Quarantine official. I presume when you bring back the Australian food in the original packaging that you declare it on your incoming passenger's card.

I mentioned 'meat' because in my post I mentioned being allowed to bring processed food in to Australia. I expected someone to jump on me and say that we can't bring meat into the country. :D

I don't think you read my post (or your previous one) very carefully.:D

I said you can take flowers on to the ship (and I have seen that done in French Polynesia). I did not say you could bring them into Australia. Of course you can't.

In your previous post you said you take food "off the ship and return same". That indicates that you take the food when you go off the ship as well as when your eturn to Australia. I repeat - Passengers are not to take food ashore in our ports of call. You have repeated in your last paragraph that you take food ashore in contravention of local quarantine laws. I consider this disrespectful to the countries the ship is visiting. On one cruise we had a tremendous hold-up disembarking and it was announced over the PA that the local authorities had found food in a woman's bag so every disembarking passenger's bag had to be searched. This took quite a while.

You should not disregard local laws and the clear instruction by P & O not to take food ashore, and please do not tell other people they can take food ashore.

I did say if you want to bring food into Australia you should declare it and show the item to the Quarantine official. I presume when you bring back the Australian food in the original packaging that you declare it on your incoming passenger's card.

I mentioned 'meat' because in my post I mentioned being allowed to bring processed food in to Australia. I expected someone to jump on me and say that we can't bring meat into the country. :D

that ok you win.

Hi!

Oh my golly gee that sounds like some jolly cabin party you and your friends are planning. You got the rum carefully concealed :D

Oh my golly gee that sounds like some jolly cabin party you and your friends are planning. You got the rum carefully concealed :D

That would be telling! And to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start with concealing anything!! Hehe! :D

can i barge in on this topic? is there any way to purchase a bottle of spirits for you room any way?

I guess its a good thing that they control alcohol consumption anyway......

No, there isn't. This comes under the Responsible Service of Alcohol policy. :) Maybe this is why some people smuggle alcohol. We don't drink enough to bother. :)

Next time I will bring a carton of soft drink with me in my carry-on luggage as they ran out of Pepsi Max a couple of days before we got home and didn't sell Coke Zero at all:(:(

As far as alcohol goes, I am not even tempted to smuggle, I just don't fancy sitting in my cabin drinking alchohol alone feeling clever that I outsmarted the cruise line. That's a bit of a hollow victory to me.

If I got caught it would cause stress which is to be avoided on holiday and prefer drinking cocktails with friends and meeting people and I am quite happy being served. We budget for buying our drinks, we figure we are on holiday after all.:)

As far as alcohol goes, I am not even tempted to smuggle, I just don't fancy sitting in my cabin drinking alchohol alone feeling clever that I outsmarted the cruise line. That's a bit of a hollow victory to me.

If I got caught it would cause stress which is to be avoided on holiday and prefer drinking cocktails with friends and meeting people and I am quite happy being served. We budget for buying our drinks, we figure we are on holiday after all.:)

I agree with your thinking.:):)

Me too! :)

I am so glad I asked about the soft drinks though! My husband doesn't drink hot drinks, but enjoys an energy drink during the day. Now we can take a few cans for him and he will be a happy camper!! And I will be able to have my coke zero. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

20 sleeps to go...

Archived