When is embarkation time with late departure?

BENHANDEL

Is the schedule for getting on the ship and accessing the rooms the same regardless of ship departure time? Our first Carnival Cruise will be over Christmas and I understand the schedule on that one.

We have another one scheduled over spring break and we want to plan other hotel and activities. The March cruise leaves from Long Beach and the departure time is 6:30 p.m. What time do they start letting people on the ship? We will have FTTF.

TIA

Very interesting you post this. I just posted a similar question for a cruise I want to take 5-5-19 on the Magic from Ft Lauderdale. The ships leaves at 9pm due to the fact it is moving from Miami to Ft Lauderdale that day. Boarding time starts at 3pm according to a Carnival employee I spoke to tonight. I just don't know what hubby and I would do from hotel check out time(11am) to board time of 3pm considering we would be arriving in FLL from Las Vegas the day before and have three pieces of luggage and no where to go with it. Last thing I want to have is a stressful embark day. Any idea why your depart time is 6pm?

Long Beach departures vary slightly due to port scheduling, provision delivery, and Customs and Border Protection.

Boarding time is dependant on shooing the late birds ashore, CPB releasing the vessel, and how many crew members are requested to go ashore to have their papers examined. I have seen passengers board as early as a few minutes before 11, and as late as a few minutes after noon.

Very interesting you post this. I just posted a similar question for a cruise I want to take 5-5-19 on the Magic from Ft Lauderdale. The ships leaves at 9pm due to the fact it is moving from Miami to Ft Lauderdale that day. Boarding time starts at 3pm according to a Carnival employee I spoke to tonight. I just don't know what hubby and I would do from hotel check out time(11am) to board time of 3pm considering we would be arriving in FLL from Las Vegas the day before and have three pieces of luggage and no where to go with it. Last thing I want to have is a stressful embark day. Any idea why your depart time is 6pm?

Ask for a late check out.

I just don't know what hubby and I would do from hotel check out time(11am) to board time of 3pm considering we would be arriving in FLL from Las Vegas the day before and have three pieces of luggage and no where to go with it. Last thing I want to have is a stressful embark day.

Ask for a late check out.

Most hotels will let you store your luggage until you are ready to go to the terminal. That way, you can wander around or just stay in the hotel lobby/bar until you decide to leave.

Why is this stressful? Are you staying in a Motel 6 or at a Hilton? If it's any real hotel, you ask for a late check out, or if they will hold your bags for you. Than go eat lunch, and enjoy the day. I have checked out of hotels up to 2:00 pm in the past.

Why is this stressful? Are you staying in a Motel 6 or at a Hilton? If it's any real hotel, you ask for a late check out, or if they will hold your bags for you. Than go eat lunch, and enjoy the day. I have checked out of hotels up to 2:00 pm in the past.

I am getting scared that I have to agree with you again.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums