MSC price guarantee?

tjlj

Does msc have a price match guarantee like carnival if I book early saver. So if I book anytime rates will they price match best rate. I cannot find any links on msc website. Thanks tony

A simple answer

No

Pete

Does msc have a price match guarantee like carnival if I book early saver. So if I book anytime rates will they price match best rate. I cannot find any links on msc website. Thanks tony

No they don't , just do your homework.

Ok thanks. One more quick question. We are looking at a cruise next summer. The only balcony floor open is a couple on deck 9. We would like a higher deck as we stayed on 11 last time and loved it. Does all the rooms on 9 have to be filled first. Does travel agents have them tied up? It's a 3 person Fantastica balcony. Thanks tony

Edited by tjlj

If you book from USA you can change your price no problem any time before final payment . But they will not match other sites price.

Ok thanks. One more quick question. We are looking at a cruise next summer. The only balcony floor open is a couple on deck 9. We would like a higher deck as we stayed on 11 last time and loved it. Does all the rooms on 9 have to be filled first. Does travel agents have them tied up? It's a 3 person Fantastica balcony. Thanks tony

You don't say which ship you're considering. As to what decks are released first, it's hard to say. MSC does seem to adopt a policy of opening up cabins in different areas of the ship according to region.

FWIW ... I'd always had a balcony cabin on Decks 10 and higher on Fantasia class ships 'til I booked a cabin on deck 9 due to my parents needing a wheelchair accessible cabin which was only available on that level and I wanted to be close by. I absolutely loved it which came as quite a surprise to me!

If you book from USA you can change your price no problem any time before final payment . But they will not match other sites price.[/quote

I'm in the United States. So say if I book at anytime and best rate 2 mo the later is cheaper msc will match their own rate? It's on the divina. Thanks tony

I am in California and I just did this. I got myself the room I wanted and then a few months later they had a sale. I called them up and the 1st guy I got said that I would loose my room which I didnt want. so I hung up and called again and the second guy I got was much better. Saved us $1250 on two rooms which is huge. And he was able to keep our rooms the same. I don't know how often that can be done (or if just once) but you can as long as they have some promotion going on that is a better deal. They don't price match other companies though. I hope this helps

• 1 year later...
I've also booked, then saw a sale and called and got the sale price and they just rebooked me in the same room (at the lower price).

I see that this was posted awhile back, but just wanted everyone to know that now in 2017 - 2018, if you find a sale that is less than what you originally paid, MSC will only match it, if the cruise you're going on, is not less than 90 days of leaving. In other words, if your ship is sailing within the next 90 days, then they will not match. I just got off the phone with them, because I had a question about it.

If you book from USA you can change your price no problem any time before final payment . But they will not match other sites price.[/quote

I'm in the United States. So say if I book at anytime and best rate 2 mo the later is cheaper msc will match their own rate? It's on the divina. Thanks tony

If the price drops before final payment, then you can ask them to reprice it. I have not sailed on Divina. But I have booked (3) MSC Cruises so far: Meravigilia, Seaside and Musica, and none have dropped prices. These cruises were booked at least one year out.

In fact, Meravigilia last minute prices were higher than when I booked. Additionally, I am booked on Seaside (Jan 2018). Two months out and the prices are not any less.

If the price drops before final payment, then you can ask them to reprice it. I have not sailed on Divina.

Caution. I just did this a few hours ago. My cruise (Divina, March, 2019) dropped about $110. per person. The agent was very nice and accommodating while also applying the military discount; however, she said the price-drop adjustment would require a cancel/rebook during which time my cabin would be returned to MSC temporarily while the adjustment was made, but that I should get the same cabin. I'm not tied to that cabin but said I would want the choice of the at least 50 cabins showing as available just before calling her if I should lose my original cabin. The finances were adjusted correctly but no cabin is now listed on my new confirmation. In fact, according to the paperwork, I now have a guarantee cabin. Looking online, all the Fantastica balconies for that sailing are now listed as guarantee bookings. I don't know if it's a computer glitch, or if our cabin is now at the mercy of Poseidon. There was NO MENTION of a guarantee cabin while on the phone. The caution is to know to ask. I've read about cruisers who, unknown to them, have had their chosen cabins changed by MSC so I'm not too confident this will work out. Hopefully, we'll see the cabin number before final payment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

however, she said the price-drop adjustment would require a cancel/rebook during which time my cabin would be returned to MSC temporarily while the adjustment was made, but that I should get the same cabin.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Good point I had forgotten!!!

We the price for out of our cabin dropped, we were told the same thing. However I was not worried. The agent stated it will be available within 24 hours and he has a reminder to go back out and grab the cabin the next day. Just like you we weren't tied to the cabin so we were fine not having one assigned.