Shipping Diapers to Terminal

detroitwingsfan

We are preparing for our Canada/New England Cruise out of NYC with two little ones. A 2 1/2 year old that may/may not be potty trained by cruise time and a baby that will be 8 months at sailing. Princess has already given me the form to request jar baby food. I would love to ship diapers, wipes and some finger snacks directly to the terminial via Amazon.com or Diapers.com. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? We have to fly to NYC, so if I don't have to fly with 9 days worth of diapers for two kids I would be so happy!

Not sure if you can ship to the terminal (really would be surprised if you could), Are you flying in the day before? If so, just go to the store and pick up a supply. Pack a foldable duffle bag to pack the diapers & wipes in once you get them. Taking them out of the boxes will probably make it easier too.

If they can do baby food can they do diapers and wipes as well?

Princess does not provide diapers or wipes - just baby food on special order. I have never heard of being able to have something delivered to the terminal - just to a hotel ahead of time. I always packed diapers and wipes for my twins in the outer pockets of all of our suitcases - you can fit an entire box of diapers that way.

Best,

Mia

I haven't looked at your cruise itinerary but I'm guessing you're stopping at some ports where you could easily buy extra supplies. Perhaps you could look up the Ports you're visiting and look into how easy it would be to pop into a Walmart or other type of store while in Port. You could even ask on the Ports of Call board. The idea of doing a quick stop between your flight and boarding your cruise is also a good one. We just bring the diapers from home still in their diaper pack so they're as confined as possible and then after the cruise we enjoy having that extra space where the diapers used to be to bring home souvenirs.

Princess gave me all the contact info for the terminal and where to ship. I was just wondering if anyone had an experience doing this. We are flying up the same day our ship leaves and really don't want to spend our port time shopping for diapers. Just wondering if anyone had any experience doing this.

I would be willing to pay more for diapers if the cruiseline offered the service. Similar to preordering wine for your room. Oh well. Next goal is to get the 2 year old completely potty trained before then so she wont need diapers. :)

Princess gave me all the contact info for the terminal and where to ship. I was just wondering if anyone had an experience doing this. We are flying up the same day our ship leaves and really don't want to spend our port time shopping for diapers. Just wondering if anyone had any experience doing this.

I would be willing to pay more for diapers if the cruiseline offered the service. Similar to preordering wine for your room. Oh well. Next goal is to get the 2 year old completely potty trained before then so she wont need diapers. :)

Just to be safe I would definately pack some extra's for the 2 year old. My 2 1/2 year old was completely potty trained when we flew to Hawaii. The minute she sat on a cruise ship potty and was "flushed" by the automatic flusher she refused to sit on a toilet the rest of the trip. We had to buy diapers in Maui! We packed enough pull-ups for just in case but not enough for 7 days. It was not a battle of wills. She was a terrified (if you saw her face when we attempted to sit her on our cabin toilet you would believe me) child. I still remember that look of horror. It took me 4 months to get her to sit on an auto toilet after that. Poor thing!

That being said I would just pack my diapers in every nook of my suitcases. I would be terrified they would lose my shipment of diapers and then you are really in trouble!

We are preparing for our Canada/New England Cruise out of NYC with two little ones. A 2 1/2 year old that may/may not be potty trained by cruise time and a baby that will be 8 months at sailing. Princess has already given me the form to request jar baby food. I would love to ship diapers, wipes and some finger snacks directly to the terminial via Amazon.com or Diapers.com. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? We have to fly to NYC, so if I don't have to fly with 9 days worth of diapers for two kids I would be so happy!

For us, on the last cruise we made a trip by Costco etc on the way to port either same day or day before,, slap a luggage tag and porters will make sure it gets on board.

For the first cruise we packed enough for 10 days knowing that if we ran out we would pick some up in port,, every itinerary should include somewhere for emergency diaper supplies..

Have fun

We're shipping to the hotel where we will be staying pre-cruise. We get 30% off with Amazon Mom and the subscription service, so it's a substantial savings over buying them in port. I have already confirmed with the hotel that they will accept a shipment for me.

I agree that it's doubtful that you could ship them to the port, though.

Just to be safe I would definately pack some extra's for the 2 year old. My 2 1/2 year old was completely potty trained when we flew to Hawaii. The minute she sat on a cruise ship potty and was "flushed" by the automatic flusher she refused to sit on a toilet the rest of the trip. We had to buy diapers in Maui! We packed enough pull-ups for just in case but not enough for 7 days. It was not a battle of wills. She was a terrified (if you saw her face when we attempted to sit her on our cabin toilet you would believe me) child. I still remember that look of horror. It took me 4 months to get her to sit on an auto toilet after that. Poor thing!

That being said I would just pack my diapers in every nook of my suitcases. I would be terrified they would lose my shipment of diapers and then you are really in trouble!

My daughter is fascinated by flushing toilets, but that is a GREAT point! Better safe than sorry! Thanks!

We're shipping to the hotel where we will be staying pre-cruise. We get 30% off with Amazon Mom and the subscription service, so it's a substantial savings over buying them in port. I have already confirmed with the hotel that they will accept a shipment for me.

I agree that it's doubtful that you could ship them to the port, though.

@milton333: have you done this before, or is this your first time. I use Amazon.com for my diapers currently and had planned to have a shipment sent to the hotel we're staying at pre-cruise.... until the last two shipments I received from them arrived 2 days after the estimated delivery date.... This has made me really nervous. So now I'm thinking I'll be packing them along so I'll be assured to have the diapers that I'll need.

I just had a thought.... How many days ahead of when you are scheduled to arrive could you have them shipped to the hotel? I wonder if it would work to have them delivered 2-3 days ahead of when you were supposed to be at the hotel... Then if the diapers didn't arrive you could bring your stash. Is the hotel going to charge you for this service?

Thanks!

@milton333: have you done this before, or is this your first time. I use Amazon.com for my diapers currently and had planned to have a shipment sent to the hotel we're staying at pre-cruise.... until the last two shipments I received from them arrived 2 days after the estimated delivery date.... This has made me really nervous. So now I'm thinking I'll be packing them along so I'll be assured to have the diapers that I'll need.

I just had a thought.... How many days ahead of when you are scheduled to arrive could you have them shipped to the hotel? I wonder if it would work to have them delivered 2-3 days ahead of when you were supposed to be at the hotel... Then if the diapers didn't arrive you could bring your stash. Is the hotel going to charge you for this service?

Thanks!

I have not had a problem with Amazon. But, if I were worried about it, I might use Diapers.com, which has guaranteed delivery in 2 days and has always been delivered right on time for me (just not as much of a discount as the Amazon Mom, but without the worry of adding an extra checked bag because of all the diapers you need - we'll need lots). You can use coupons with Diapers.com, too.

My hotel is not going to charge me for this. DoubleTree, a Hilton brand. However, I don't know about getting the diapers delivered well ahead of time. If they're delivered at 3 pm and I'm scheduled to check in that day, they'll know why the package is arriving, kwim? Not sure about delivery in advance, I would definitely call to ask about it, though. We may ship ourselves some of our junk to avoid a checked bag fee, too.

We are flying in a day early, into Orlando, and sailing out of Port Canaveral, so we opted for a rental car because it's about an hour from the airport to the port anyway. Our backup plan is to buy diapers locally if necessary, but I'd rather not have to schlep to the store after a day of traveling with a toddler, and I'd rather not start out the first day of my vacation by shopping at walmart, kwim? It's an option, but it's not our first line of defense.

Tried shipping to the port of NY and they would not accept shipments of that kind due to security concerns. Can you imagine if they allowed people to just ship anything? Some wacko could ship a bomb or weapons. Obviously since 9/11, things in NYC are much more strict than most other ports.

Could you go to your roll call and see if anyone will accept your shipment and even someone driving in could just stick your luggage tag on if you send it to them. I know if I was driving to port and someone asked me for that I would gladly do it. Put it out on your roll call and see if someone will help you out.

Could you go to your roll call and see if anyone will accept your shipment and even someone driving in could just stick your luggage tag on if you send it to them. I know if I was driving to port and someone asked me for that I would gladly do it. Put it out on your roll call and see if someone will help you out.

Great idea Pat! Will try that.

Archived