Seaside YC deck 16 or 18?

Jeremiah1212

I’m in the process of booking and researching the Seaside. Choosing between deck 16 and 18, is one preferred over the other? I can’t see any big pros or cons with either deck, but details are still a bit more scant than I am used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may be a personal preference only. We were on 16 and liked easy access to Bar. We were near both stairs and an elevator to easily access 18 and 19. Some people have reported hearing noise around 7 - 8 a.m. on 18 with movement of deck chairs. It's not a game stopper for us either way. Our next B2B we couldn't get the same room, so we are on 18 one week and 16 the next.

I’m in the process of booking and researching the Seaside. Choosing between deck 16 and 18, is one preferred over the other? I can’t see any big pros or cons with either deck, but details are still a bit more scant than I am used to.

We are sailing Seaside on June 16th and chose YC on deck 16 simply because we didn't want the pool area above us. I have read some people say that there is some noise from the pool deck but it doesn't last too long. I haven't heard any real negative for either one honestly. Hope you have a great cruise!!

Deck 16 is better because you are not underneath the pool area.

We were on 16 and had easiest access to the Concierge desk, the Top Sail and doors to exit the Yacht Club. During dinner on 18 we could hear the chairs being moved around and stacked so I expect the same must occur in the am over the cabins on 18.

We were on 16 and had easiest access to the Concierge desk, the Top Sail and doors to exit the Yacht Club. During dinner on 18 we could hear the chairs being moved around and stacked so I expect the same must occur in the am over the cabins on 18.

I totally agree. It is best to be close to concierge, exit and Top Sail.

We cruised 04/28 - 05/05 and were on deck 16. Given a choice, I always take a cabin that has other cabins below and above me to reduce any possible noise issues. But, if that was not an option, I would do deck 18 in a heartbeat as that was absolutely one of the best trips ever!