Photos of the Sun Princess in Auckland

Kiwi_cruiser

After the Tug boats finished their jobs, both of the tugs did a little dance for all the people watching...

The people on the Sun Princess, where very lucky this day, its not very often that you get two tugs doing a dance. But because of the weather (it was raining and it was a bit windy, they use two tugs to get her out), and it was Auckland Anniversary, if the people where onboard in the morning they would have seen the tugs do another dance. (The Tugs always do a little dance & show off on Auckland Anniversary)

P2012420.jpg

P2012422.jpg

P2012423.jpg

People at the front & back of the ship got to see the tugs do their dance:

P2012424.jpg

P2012427.jpg

P2012430.jpg

Stu, what fantastic photos. :) Thanks so much for posting them.

Kiwi_cruiser or Kiwi, Please :) (I have Stu on the photos for copyright)

What do the tugs do for their dance? Turn around in circles?

Yep, mainly they just do quick circles in the water; it’s quite neat to watch, plus they don’t do it all the time....

Here Here is a little video of the Tug dancing from Princes Wharf. (Size: 31.4MB – Length: 0.56 Format: AVI) from when P&O UK Oriana was in 2009.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Kiwi_cruiser for the great pics of the Sun Princess. My husband and I are sailing on her out of Fremantle on Sept.14,2010. I had been fretting over the dreaded window washing platform that is near our balcony stateroom, B745. After seeing your photos, it is far enough away that I'm not worried at all now. We'll have a terrific view! Thanks again for posting the photos. I can hardly wait to cruise on the Sun Princess!

And here is Sun Princess back in Sydney on Friday at the end of the cruise (taken from the revolving restaurant on Sydney Tower).

2213504210078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Ah! the memories. We were there waiting to board on that day. Seems like a lifetime ago already!:( Robin

Archived