Steakhouse tipping?

maabell4

IMO, since the price of the food is inclusive in the cruise, the $30 charge really is the tip for the extra service received during the meal by the waiter, cooks, cleaning staff, etc. So there is no reason to tip extra when the $30 is the tip. Of course, if you really don't think the $30 is enough, feel free to add to it.

I am thinking about going to the steakhouse during our cruise on Freedom in November. Does the $30 fee include the tip or should we assume tip on top of the $30 fee?

The fee includes the gratuity. It is not customary to give any more though a few patrons do leave extra.

IMO, since the price of the food is inclusive in the cruise, the $30 charge really is the tip for the extra service received during the meal by the waiter, cooks, cleaning staff, etc. So there is no reason to tip extra when the $30 is the tip. Of course, if you really don't think the $30 is enough, feel free to add to it.

The tip is included in the $ 30 but it not all a tip.

For some reason Carnival does not feel we have the right to know how much we have already tipped the servers but we are certainly encouraged to tip more.

$10 more for my husband and I seems fair for good service...If the meal was $60, then 15% would be $9 and 20% would be $12. Considering some part of the money is going as tip, $10 seems fair. Of course if my husband has had a few drinks and the server is excellent, he may go over that...He used to wait tables, so he really appreciates a good server.

$10 more for my husband and I seems fair for good service...If the meal was $60, then 15% would be $9 and 20% would be $12. Considering some part of the money is going as tip, $10 seems fair. Of course if my husband has had a few drinks and the server is excellent, he may go over that...He used to wait tables, so he really appreciates a good server.

The problem with your logic is some part of the $ 60 is the tip. Is it 10 or 20 or 30?

So you are tipping on the tip.

The problem with your logic is some part of the $ 60 is the tip. Is it 10 or 20 or 30?

So you are tipping on the tip.

Plus, that fee is On TOP of the meal you`ve already paid for in the MDR, which is going uneaten, and you`ve already tipped on that as well, so it`s tipping on the tipping on the tip.

Archived