How To Get Best Value From Suites (Sky in particular) & Butler?

cruisecrasy

Noticed a good thread by Old Sea Dog43 on getting the 'full/best' value from a Concierge class cabin so thought I wld ask the same about Suites (particularily the Sky) and the Butler service..?

This 'newbie' really wld appreciate any suggestions & tips from those already in the know...:D

One thing to remember is that they will do (literally) anything for you if you ask nicely, the butler is there to make sure everything goes as you want for your vacation.

Some things I request from the butler:

- Breakfast delivered to the balcony every single day

- Afternoon cookies/sandwiches (delivered around 4:30) I try to be there the first day to get the ones I like, then every day after the butler will just leave a selection in your room

- I ask for the afternoon canapes (strange cracker things) to be switched out for shirmp cocktail and cheese and crackers on alternating days

- If I can't get into a specialty restaurant I ask the butler to make the reservation for me

- espresso and capacchino can be delivered at your request

Have a great cruise!

The butlers quickly learn your preferences. We have found that we don't have to ask for something more than once. After that it is just there. :D

We also think they watch the door. Every time we leave the room gets tidied up.

Can the Butler arrange tours of the ship?

Our wonderful butler Bart on Summit arranged invitations to the bridge tour on the sea day. I have heard anyone can ask for this at Guest Relatiomwas but it was nice to have it taken care of nonetheless.

We also had breakfast delivered, afternoon tea treats and cappuccinos from Cova cafe as well as cheese and crackers in lieu of the canapés.

One evening when I wasn't feeling well after too long of a driving tour on the winding roads of Grenada, he brought me a tray of food without being asked. A nice thoughtful touch.

Does having a Sky Suite entitle you to the "Suite" section on Labadee --- the private beach and eating area assigned for "suites"? Vicki:)

There is a "suite section" on Labadee - no one told us when we were there? More details, please?

Sue

Elite level Captain's Club members do receive "Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items"

Odd isn't it that RCL wld give that perk suite pax also but their sister line Celebrity doesn't? Its cheap & simple and wld make an exellent perk to please their suite pax!!

Guess most suite pax are elite so no problem anyway :)

Thanks for this info! :)

Elite level Captain's Club members do receive "Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items"

Select also get this perk. I just returned from two weeks and was able to send two dresses for pressing, no charge! They got wrinkled from the flight!) It is a great perk! (And since both my dh and I are select, we could have pressed up to four items!)

There are no free pressing perks on Celebrity sorry though sometimes a butler might do it for you if you ask nicely and well in advance

Indeed. Our butler kindly pressed DHs shirt the first night so he could go to diinner in Normandie without looking like he slept in his shirt. Greatly appreciated...Bart on Summit is a gem.

One thing to remember is that they will do (literally) anything for you if you ask nicely, the butler is there to make sure everything goes as you want for your vacation.

Some things I request from the butler:

- Breakfast delivered to the balcony every single day

- Afternoon cookies/sandwiches (delivered around 4:30) I try to be there the first day to get the ones I like, then every day after the butler will just leave a selection in your room

- I ask for the afternoon canapes (strange cracker things) to be switched out for shirmp cocktail and cheese and crackers on alternating days

- If I can't get into a specialty restaurant I ask the butler to make the reservation for me

- espresso and capacchino can be delivered at your request

Have a great cruise!

I appreciated all of the above attentive service in a Sky Suite on Solstice recently and the morning breakfast was the best part. Our butler, Singh, was very professional and polite and we left him a nice tip for his services. I don't think we overused him but did call upon him a few times for a few small favors. Goning to be hard going back to a regular cabin next time...:D

Archived