Edocs-Has anybody experienced this situation?

nanaof2

we are booked on Dawn's April 8 cruise. Final payment was due by early January which we paid and have completed on line check in a long time ago.

As we will be leaving home weeks before the cruise, I have been asking our TA for a release of the edocs. We are now 55 days from departure and thought we will have no trouble getting the documents. Not so unfortunately. After many emails to/from the TA the last one informed us that as our booking is in the TA's promotional group with the added amenities, NCL cannot expedite our edocs until the entire group is finalized and that the only other alternative would be to pull the booking from the group but then we would lose our amenities such as OBC etc.:(By now I would have thought that everybody has paid in full. If they are waiting for the group to finalize on line check in, the deadline for that is "at least one day prior to your sailing date" and this would make it impossible for us to print our edocs.

On the cruise's thread on CC, several cruisers have made reference to having printed their edocs. Any suggestion would be appreciated Thank you in advance

It's normal practice for NCL to not release group booking edocs until about 30 days prior to the cruise. Individual booking edocs are normally released about 60 days before sailing.

"Finalize" doesn't mean waiting for everyone to do online check in. It means that the TA still is allowed to add new bookings into their group even though the final payment due date has passed.

Your edocs don't have to be printed at your home. All you need is a computer with internet access and a printer anywhere you are.

It's normal practice for NCL to not release group booking edocs until about 30 days prior to the cruise. Individual booking edocs are normally released about 60 days before sailing.

"Finalize" doesn't mean waiting for everyone to do online check in. It means that the TA still is allowed to add new bookings into their group even though the final payment due date has passed.

Your edocs don't have to be printed at your home. All you need is a computer with internet access and a printer anywhere you are.

Thanks for your reply, our TA never mentioned that it is at their end that the group has not been finalized. We will have a computer but no printer.

Thanks for your reply, our TA never mentioned that it is at their end that the group has not been finalized. We will have a computer but no printer.

It's not that the TA hasn't done something they should have...it's just standard NCL practice to allow them to continue to add new bookings to the group.

Surely you can find a public library or internet cafe somewhere near where you'll be. They normally have printers.

Hotels also usually have computers with printers available for you to print boarding passes' date=' etc. You going to be staying in a hotel? If not, maybe you could go to a prominent one and plead your case.

Good Luck.[/quote']

we are not staying in a hotel, but thanks for the suggestion, could be an option

We've shown up at port with nothing but our passports, once.

(We didn't plan to...it's just that we....well, didn't plan....)

I happened to know our cabin number, and that was all they needed.

Will there be a library near where you're going to be? If so, you can access your email docs and print them out at the library.

We are sailing April 1st on the Gem, just went through the exact same thing you are experiencing. Our TA told us NCL Group Reservations was not finished with the group booking, not the TA doing something or waiting for others to book into the group. We were told it is normal practice for the groups to take a bit longer for their e-docs to be ready. We were able to print our e-Docs last Friday, so I don't think it will be much longer for you. Based on the fact our sailing date is a week before yours, you should be able to print yours as soon as this Friday.

Hope it all works out for you!!

I have contacted NCL, they advised that the timing for printing edocs depends on when the TA closes the "group". At this stage the TA says maybe 30 days prior to departure, but no mention of it being at the TA's control. Thank you all for your sugestions, we will try to find a printing option

Even if you do not print them you will be able to check in. I am sure there are people cruising who do not print them--it just won't be as expedited...just have a copy of your receipt...

Exactly, my first NCL cruise, I showed up to check in and was asked about my edocs. I didn't have them, just a print out of the reservation summary. We checked in anyway.

Archived