Pics of the reclining chairs and ottomans Princess will be placing on Caribe balcony

nunuc2000

Now that Princess has announced that they will indeed be adjusting the type of furniture on the Caribe deck balconies, I'm curious to know what that might look like. They have stated it will be 2 reclining chairs and ottomans and a dining height table.... but what do they look like, specifically the ottomans? Does anyone have a photo?

i believe they are the same as those on the mini suite. See picture by Britter16

and the mini suite

IMG_0041.jpg

I think that looks pretty good for two of us... I can live with that for sure. And when we do have company on the balcony, I won't mind sitting on one of the ottomans and leaning against the wall for support as a "back" to my seat. I can make that work. :)

Thanks for the pic... very helpful!

Thanks for the pictures! Is the blue floor still the weird hard plastic layer OR painted blue metal? If the metal, how was that for your bare feet?

Just got off the Grand, mini-suite. The balcony floor was painted blue metal. I liked it MUCH better than the plastic mesh. I could stand on the"new" floor in my bare feet, couldn't do so with the plastic mesh floor.

On the Star we still have the plastic mat.

The old plan of 4 comfortable chairs and table beat what we have now - just two uncomfortable chairs and a tiny table, but we'll be glad to get any improvement. At least we won't have to keep taking the desk chair on Caribe deck out to use for a footstool on the deck.

Is this an April fools joke? Or did you really hear this?

A post from PCL is over on another thread stating that PCL will be putting a "dining table" back on the Caribe decks on all ships in the "upcoming months." Seems some of you have not seen this post Princess left.

Go to the link below....Princess' post is #371 (click the numbers or go to link below)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...&postcount=371

Mini Suite furniture is being changed out. Going to footrests instead of two straight chairs, different style of furniture as shown in above pictures. Already completed on most ships, here is an incomplete list, but the ships mentioned have been changed out:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33023910&postcount=260

Not anymore. Changing to two chairs and two ottomans.
:mad:

Then it is time to write to Princess and complain. We always book mini suites due to the space. We have three adults in our party and two little ones (split into one mini and one interior). I do not like the idea having an adult sit on an ottoman when before we could sit comfortably in regular chairs.

Not anymore. Changing to two chairs and two ottomans.

Are we talking Caribe deck or Dolphin and Emerald deck?

The thread talks about the furniture on the Caribe deck. Those requesting additional chairs are being told that those chairs are for the mini suites only.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33128240&postcount=371

March 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM

image.php?u=156856&dateline=1252020222Princess Cruises user_offline.gif

Public Relations

icon1.gif

We appreciate your feedback about the furniture on Caribe deck balconies. After hearing your comments, we're pleased to tell you that we've decided to make a change. These balconies will now offer two reclining chairs, two ottomans and a dining table. We're in the process of ordering this new furniture and expect it to roll out over the coming months. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

A post from PCL is over on another thread stating that PCL will be putting a "dining table" back on the Caribe decks on all ships in the "upcoming months." Seems some of you have not seen this post Princess left.

Thanks for this update. Princess has heard the complaints about the new balcony furniture and responded very quickly. Kudos to them! I hope they will also advise the cabin stewards that when 3 or 4 passengers are staying in the cabin and a third or fourth balcony chair is requested, it will be provided.

Are we talking Caribe deck or Dolphin and Emerald deck?

The thread talks about the furniture on the Caribe deck. Those requesting additional chairs are being told that those chairs are for the mini suites only.

The biggest uproar was over the Caribe deck, but furniture has been changed out on all decks.

Mini suites have two recliner chairs, two ottomans and a dining height table. New style of furniture that many find uncomfortable.

Caribe 'new furniture' has the same two recliner chairs and a tiny cocktail table, no ottomans. PCL posted it would order more furniture and put the two ottomans and the taller table on Caribe, as well. 'Soon'.

Standard balconies have two non-reclining chairs and the tiny cocktail table.

The biggest uproar was over the Caribe deck, but furniture has been changed out on all decks.

Mini suites have two recliner chairs, two ottomans and a dining height table. New style of furniture that many find uncomfortable.

Caribe 'new furniture' has the same two recliner chairs and a tiny cocktail table, no ottomans. PCL posted it would order more furniture and put the two ottomans and the taller table on Caribe, as well. 'Soon'.

Standard balconies have two non-reclining chairs and the tiny cocktail table.

Man, that bites. I hope we can our Steward bring us at least one more chair.

Thanks.

Archived