Suite Amenities Package

vcrjoe

I am booked on the Zuiderdam in late August for 7 days and just started looking at excursions, packages and gifts. Under indulgences, I saw the following offered for $399/cabin. We are booked in Category E, oceanview, so my question is: Can any non-suite cabin book this?

Is it worth it? What are the individual amenities generally worth if we were to purchase them separately?

We've only sailed HAL once before and that was pre-children, so our memories are a bit fuzzy.

Thanks in advance,

Karen

Suite Amenities Package, Double, 7-10 Days

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canapés delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. *Charges apply for dry cleaning. Price applies to double occupancy on voyages 7-10 days.

You get 2 robes if there are 2 of you. They monogram them after you board ship with what letters you want. You get to choose from quite an extensive wine list and also liquor.

My DD and I had this pkg. in Mar. and since we did not wish 2 bottles of liquor we got 1 bottle of Crown Royal, (this 1 equaled 2), and packed it and put it in our checked baggage and brought it home.

We thought it was a good deal when we added everything up and we certainly made use of the laundry service.

However if you have a Delux Suite then I wouldn't get it, as you can have snacks at any time in the Neptune Lounge and you can also eat breakfast at the Pinnicle Grill every morning.

Hope this helps.

Helen

Yes you can. We had a Verandah on our first cruise and had the "suite amenities package". I think it is geared for those in the "suites" that have Neptune lounge access as we had a little hiccup with the Pinacle Grill breakfast on the last day. But they did give us a key to the Neptune lounge for the disembarkation and we did have our breakfast. I admit that it is not clear as to who it is for and it was not only our first HAL cruise, but our first cruise ever, sowe did not know. That is why I think it was meant for the real "suites." But we received the hor dourves (sp?) every evening and we still use our monogrammed robes every day. You will love it!

To add to the OP's questions: Is it possible to purchase the suite ammenities package once on board, or must it be purchased prior to boarding? Is breakfast in the PG only available on disembarkation day and not every morning during the voyage?

Thank you. -S.

The package is for those NOT sailing in suites.

Suite cruisers get PG access every day, tea service, canapes, etc etc. Most of stuff in package.

This is for someone in a standard cabin to experience suite amenities.

I got it for my mom, I think its worth it.

Contacted HAL and we can exchange the liquor, wine & bathrobes for OBC.

I wouldn't suggest trying this unless you have it in writing. She does not drink, and we don't want to fly w a bathrobe.

There is another "suite" package that "suite" cruisers can purchase. Its entirely different.

The package is for those NOT sailing in suites.

Suite cruisers get PG access every day, tea service, canapes, etc etc. Most of stuff in package.

This is for someone in a standard cabin to experience suite amenities.

I got it for my mom, I think its worth it.

Contacted HAL and we can exchange the liquor, wine & bathrobes for OBC.

I wouldn't suggest trying this unless you have it in writing. She does not drink, and we don't want to fly w a bathrobe.

There is another "suite" package that "suite" cruisers can purchase. Its entirely different.

Hi Sufergirlie. I'm a HAL newbie, sailing next week in Veranda Suite A category on Veendam. I don't know anything about the suite package (there is more than one kind?) - could you please tell more about it. Thank you.-S.

To add to the OP's questions: Is it possible to purchase the suite ammenities package once on board, or must it be purchased prior to boarding? Is breakfast in the PG only available on disembarkation day and not every morning during the voyage?

Thank you. -S.

Yes it must be ordered beforehand, and the PG Breakfast is only before disembarkation on the very last day.

We had that package on the Eurodam last August and we had a VF Balcony cabin. For us it was just a way to have a few 'perks' without paying for a suite. When we booked it we were told that only so many are allocated per cruise, once they are booked then no more are made available. We both felt that it was worth it for us and the laundry was a bonus as I did not have to pack as many clothes, leaving more weight for souveniers....:D The wine was of good standard, we use the bathrobes at home, the flowers were a nice touch in the cabin as DH is not into giving flowers.:mad: Just enjoy your cruise....

i think this is a great idea to increase revenue. I do not drink alcohol, so not a great package for me. I think it would be nice to be able to purchase a the same amenities (breakfast in the pinnacle, in-room dining by course, laundry, etc) as a suite - without the booze, of course.

We have a SY Guar suite booked would the above apply to that cabin?? Will we have access to the Neptune lounge?

Yes, for the SY the suite amenities package would be good if you will use the things in it. Sy's (Superior Veranda Suite) do not have access to the Neptune Lounge. The Neptune Lounge is for Deluxe Veranda & Penthouse.

• 4 weeks later...

Another couple and we are planning an Alaskan cruise next summer and are comparing prices. We are considering a Deluxe Verandah Suite for the four of us. The only concern is the comfort of the pull out sofa. does anyone have experience with this?

Another couple and we are planning an Alaskan cruise next summer and are comparing prices. We are considering a Deluxe Verandah Suite for the four of us. The only concern is the comfort of the pull out sofa. does anyone have experience with this?

I have slept on the pull out sofa on an Alaska cruise on the Volendam. The bed is not bad, but nowhere near as comfortable as the regular bed. Plus it is definately smaller, so two on it might be a bit cozy. With two couples, you might try alternating which couple gets the regular bed.

DaveOKC

Welcome to Crusie Critic.

I think for one person the pull out sofa is good. For 2 people could be a push and I don't think it's that comfortable. How are you going to decided who gets the very comfy king bed?

Hope that you are all VERY GOOD FRIENDS or you may not be at the end of the voyage! A pull-out sofa is a pull-out sofa. Not my idea of a great vacation.

Not only is the sofa bed a concern for 2 adults, but 4 adults sharing a bathroom and dressing area would be a no-go for us. A little too much togetherness and too little privacy, IMO. :eek:

Have you thought of 2 regular verandah cabins instead?

Welcome to Crusie Critic.

I think for one person the pull out sofa is good. For 2 people could be a push and I don't think it's that comfortable. How are you going to decided who gets the very comfy king bed?

DH, DBIL and I cruised in a deluxe on the Rotterdam this past September. had the bed split, and I slept on the couch, had great sleeps,

Marilyn

you do realize it is just one room, not two...

Back to the original Question.

We bought a suite amenities package for our last cruise.

We loved it, I bought it for ONE person, did not use the Pinnacle dinner, got reimbursed for that.( I am a vegetarian, not much choice for me in the P.Grill)

Did not use both bottles of booze, so took one home.

It was well worth it.

• 4 months later...

I enquired about Suite Amenities and was given a price for one or two. How does this work? If I bought for one how would they know if the jeans and teeshirts being washed were mine or my wifes? What more do you get buying for two than one? And does the package get you entry to the Neptune Lounge?

I enquired about Suite Amenities and was given a price for one or two. How does this work? If I bought for one how would they know if the jeans and teeshirts being washed were mine or my wifes? What more do you get buying for two than one? And does the package get you entry to the Neptune Lounge?

The laundry part of the package is for the cabin -- both people.

No -- it does not give you entry to the Neptune Lounge.

Is this particular to certain ships? I looked on both our upcoming cruises and did not find this listed for sale under indulgences.

I believe it is offered on all ships. Some have stated there is a limited number offered per sailing. Worth a phone call to Ship Services (800.541.1576) to find out if it is available on yours.

We added Suite Amenities to our inside cabin on the Oosterdam last New Year's week. We enjoyed it but would not do it again; we now have the HAL monogrammed bathrobes from it and found we could not do justice to daily canapes and afternoon tea in our cabin. We found unlimited laundry The Best Thing Ever and have signed up for that on our upcoming cruise. -Cliff

Archived