Bringing bottled water on embarkation

anandaindonesia

Yes, you can bring water and soda on board. We wrapped duct tape around our case of water and wrote the room number on the tape. You can also just put a luggage tag on the water or soda.

Once we thought it would be easier to put two 12 packs of Pepsi in a duffle for easier carrying. Bad idea! It arrived leaking because the porters or baggage handlers threw it around...cans were damaged and it made quite a mess. Live and learn...next time, we just taped the two racks together and put the room number on it.

Enjoy your cruise!

We carried 3 water bottles on board and then used clean glasses to refill them from the water stations in the buffet the whole trip. The have free water, lemonade, oj, and tea in the buffet. Definately not worth buying the drink package unless you drink alcohol or soda a lot! We also asked for ice in our room and just put the cubes in the glasses until the melted so we would have water in the room.

We carried 3 water bottles on board and then used clean glasses to refill them from the water stations in the buffet the whole trip. The have free water, lemonade, oj, and tea in the buffet. Definately not worth buying the drink package unless you drink alcohol or soda a lot! We also asked for ice in our room and just put the cubes in the glasses until the melted so we would have water in the room.
A few years ago "X" used to put a SS steal pitcher with H2O in it, I guess they don't anymore. BTY I also use the ice trick.

DW does not like ship's water because it has more salt in it, according to her. We simply buy a case of water before we head to the port and just stick a luggage label on it and it is delivered to our room. If that case runs low, we pick up more during a port call. Our mini-fridge is always filled with our bottled water, never a problem

This past November I had a 1-night pre-cruise at the Intercontinental Miami downtown and bought two cases of water ($3.99 each for a Zephyrhills 24pk) from the local CVS, wrapped black duct tape around the entire case so none would fall out, and placed several luggage tags on the sides and top of each case. Both cases of water made it to my stateroom shortly after sail away. I guess they had to make sure I wasn't trying to smuggle vodka or moonshine in them. ;) I made sure to tip the curbside porters a few extra bucks as well.

DH and I are a little picky about our water taste. When we cruise out of Florida, we buy a couple, to a few, gallons of Spring Water - or 6 packs of the Fiji Spring Water - depending on what we find and how long the cruise is. Those get packed in my roll-on, carry-on from the plane (the clothes and other items in it will have been transferred to our other luggage (which we do leave space for). Rolling the water on board makes it easy on us, and we both get the water we like, and MUCH less cost that buying it on-board. I remember one cruise where we carried them on board (poor arm muscles), and got a lot of teasing from fellow passengers boarding. Later, after seeing the price of the bottles of water when going on tours, they jokingly threatened to come to our stateroom and get our water!

Archived