Another Crusinmama and Girls Adventure Begins Today - RCI Enchantment 8/3

crusinmama06

Today begins another mom and daughters adventure at sea (Crusindaddy is staying home for this one)

We are onboard RCI Enchantment of the Seas for 6 nights - 7 days of family fun to Bermuda!

This will be our first adventure with the TEEN club EEK!

We arrived at the beautiful Port of Baltimore at 10:30 am - were onboard enjoying the Windjammer by just after 11am (the best food ever according to the youngest). And the girl are now at the pool.

With me I have my 8 year old and 12 year old. Looking ahead in the teen pages - A PROM in the Viking Crown! Complete with formal photos for it! Hmmmm!

I will be back in a few days to let you know how things are going! Here are a few pictures of the ship including the teen club "Fuel"

3eae988c.jpg

3cf989e2.jpg

70f34405.jpg

e3e0aa58.jpg

a849522f.jpg

af2ec698.jpg

Did you purchase internet time to post this or have some other secret? Just curious....I'll be following. We're looking forward to taking our son on cruises in the future.

Right now we are still in port so I am using my own data plan on my IPhone. Once we start to pull out I will have to say goodbye for a few days - only checking in from the internet cafe. But that connection is slow.

The Officers and Staff onboard this cruise - Captain Gus Anderson, HD Michael Landrey, Cruise Director John Blair

And in the compass it says that changes to Main Seating cannot be accommodated - don't know how true that is. We moved to MTD at noon today and immediately asked for 6pm reservations.

bfe948cc.jpg

Not sure if you're still online -- but Bermuda now has $15 for 3 days WiFi at the Dockyard. Decent connection and we used it from the Promenade deck of our ship in June. In case that's more convenient for you than the Internet cafe. I think there were shorter term options too?

Waiting to sign Jump Zone Waivers.

c6a68248.jpg

Gym bomb - I had heard about that Internet - but heard it was a poor connection. I am glad you didn't have a problem with it. :D

Waivers are signed. It is too windy for the bungee trampoline - so we have two hearts stamped on the girls cards and they said "see you on Day 3"

Today begins another mom and daughters adventure at sea (Crusindaddy is staying home for this one)

We are onboard RCI Enchantment of the Seas for 6 nights - 7 days of family fun to Bermuda!

This will be our first adventure with the TEEN club EEK!

We arrived at the beautiful Port of Baltimore at 10:30 am - were onboard enjoying the Windjammer by just after 11am (the best food ever according to the youngest). And the girl are now at the pool.

With me I have my 8 year old and 12 year old. Looking ahead in the teen pages - A PROM in the Viking Crown! Complete with formal photos for it! Hmmmm!

I will be back in a few days to let you know how things are going! Here are a few pictures of the ship including the teen club "Fuel"

3eae988c.jpg

3cf989e2.jpg

70f34405.jpg

e3e0aa58.jpg

a849522f.jpg

af2ec698.jpg

Have fun, can't wait to be on her in a few more days! Say hi to Radio for me too!

We are back! Suffering from a serious case of PCD. They made us get off the ship. HOW DARE THEY!

We had an amazing time onboard Enchantment. It was truly so much fun with the girls. As always, never a dull moment. We had so many memorable highs points and one VERY SCARY low that included a trip to Deck 1 Medical Center and two X-Rays (more on that later)

So let me pick up where I left off -

B&Z's Mom - you asked how I got Crusindaddy to stay home. Unfortunately he only gets one vacation/year. And he chose to go with us on Epic (coming up in November).

Night One - Dining Room

Originally we were wait listed for Late Dining but I knew that the kids would miss a lot in the Kids Clubs if we kept that seating. So we changed to My Time Dining - 6:00 p.m. When we arrived, Josephine, the Hostess was looking at available tables on her computer screen and my youngest started saying "Can we have a window seat? I want to sit at the window. A window seat. Can we have one? Can we? Can we? Can we?"

Mortified I apologized to Josephine and said to my daughter "Josephine will put us where she has room." and Josephine said "Princess - I give you a window seat!"

And that is how we got the most perfect table, by the window, for just the three of us, for the rest of the cruise. (requested a standing reservation, 6pm, same table, same wait team)

We had a "Dream Team" - Edgardo and Rodolfo. From the very first second they addressed us by name (I LOVE THAT!). I would take a sip of my iced tea, they would refill it. I would take my last bite of sour dough roll, Rodolfo would be there with the basket. By the end of the cruise, the girls were arriving to the table and special things that THEY liked were already there -- "50/50 drinks" of ice tea mixed with lemonade that my 8 year old discovered one night during a trip to the Solarium, chips with guacamole and sour cream, fruit plates, all served up with a side of MAGIC TRICKS. It didn't matter how full the restaurant was, Edgardo and Rodolfo treated my girls like they were the only ones there. Even the head waiter arrived with a "plate of chocolate chip cookies" TO GO for the girls for a snack for later.

Dinner for Night One (if anyone cares...lol) was Pork Loin and Prime Rib (we had the Steak)

There are a few changes to the Kids Menu than the ones I have previously posted.

RCIMenu2012.jpg

Night One - Adventure Ocean and Teen Club

Yes, the kids clubs were open on Night One. I know that is always a question around here. Below are the pages for Ages 3 - 11 and then 12 - 14. I do have the 15 - 17, I just have to dig them out.

This has to be the MOST kids we have ever had on a sailing. Welcome to a SUMMER PRIME sailing. I didn't ask how many, but this sailing was wall to wall children. And I have to say, for the most part, everyone was well behaved. There were a few exceptions (always are) where I blame the parents {snicker}

So for the first night, the sign up was a little chaotic. Wall to wall children and parents. The younger kids got their yellow AO lanyards for free (Under 12 AO). The 12 and ups - no lanyard.

At 8:00 p.m., I drop my 8 year old at the Adventure Ocean and then the 12 year old off at Fuel. The Fuel Club - no signs ins (of course) -- they come and go as they please. And at first, my daughter was TERRIFIED of going to the Meet N Mingle. She is 12. She never really had to walk into a room of total strangers and just start talking. It was like throwing her into the lions dens because most of the kids, as it seemed, had traveled with friends. My poor 12 year old was all alone - and she was at the bottom of the age bracket (12 - 17). Seventeen year olds are light years ahead of my BABY. {sigh} BUT I BEGGED her to give it 30 minutes! I told her I would be back. In 30 minutes I came back as promised and I got the "I'm ok, hand wave off" -- then when I came back in 30 more minutes, she was fully involved in a game and I got the full on ""WHAT? I am fine!" {insert teen eye roll here} Ooookkkkk I will be slinking my way out of here. Sooooorrrrry!

In the end, she was more than fine. In Fuel there seems to be an age division among the teens. The younger ones (12 - 14ish) hang with each other and the older ones have deemed themselves "too cool" for the club so they take off for other parts unknown (well, I know where they took off to because I kept running into them hanging outside the darn Solarium doors after midnight every night)

The younger ones seem to still gravitate to the "structured" activities like the dance/pool parties and the scavenger hunts. While the older teens are the ones NEXT to the pool parties - just hanging out. (who knew it was too cool to go swimming?)

There was one night when they all came together....PROM. More to come.

AODay1a.jpg

AODay1b.jpg

Teen1.jpg

Teen2.jpg

Teen3.jpg

Teen4.jpg

Archived