beverage packages

swh&cv

No business case, as in how will this make Carnival more money.

As much as I hate FTTP, I have to admit it was probably really easy to come up with a business case for it.

Huge perk for us in choosing celebrity.

I rather liked the cards on HAL. You could purchase a drink card at 5% off (I think). In $50 increments.

Of course, you had to have the card with you when you ordered, which I sometimes did not.

The trick is buying the card(s) and not having a balance left over. LOL. Right! Like that's going to happen! ;)

I also really loved HAL's Happy Hour. We'd go to afternoon tea and then have to hurry down to our favorite lounge for Happy Hour (2-for-1 drinks).

2104867630102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't know what these were (something with rum) but there were SO good! You can see the drink card in front of the glass on the left. Your receipt showed the balance.

How does the package work on Celebrity?

you pay a set fee, obviously a 7 night is less than a 12 night, and its all you can drink, unlimited for your entire cruise. they so lose money when we are cruising. its any beer, cocktail, wine, frozen drinks etc. also, no alcoholic are included. we are booked on a 7 night this december and its 375 pp. a bargain!:D

The only time you get a drink card for Carnival is when you are in a group, I think it had to be at least 30 people, and the whole group agrees to buy the cards. It's a per day charge, back a few years ago when we did this I think it was either $45 or $55 a day. This would cover all alcoholic beverages, bottled water, sodas. If anyone in the group was caught getting drinks for someone who wasn't in the group, the whole group's privileges would be cancelled. It was a good deal for some people, others not so much. I started the days with either a bloody mary or a mimosa, and went on from there!

Beyond the 42.95/day all you can drink (well, up to 15 drinks that cost no more than $10 each) they had on the Victory last week?

Not sure if every Carnival boat does that, but it was a shipwide thing on the Victory. Only catch is that every adult in your cabin (possibly party if multi cabin?) has to sign up. And you have to sign up by the end of the second day.

Or are you looking for something different?

does anyone know if carnival is in the process of having beverage/alcohol packages like celebrity has? ive heard that they are working on this?

Beyond the 42.95/day all you can drink (well, up to 15 drinks that cost no more than $10 each) they had on the Victory last week?

Not sure if every Carnival boat does that, but it was a shipwide thing on the Victory. Only catch is that every adult in your cabin (possibly party if multi cabin?) has to sign up. And you have to sign up by the end of the second day.

Tell me more! I'm sailing on the Victory on the 2nd. Any chance they will offer this? Wife and I spend about $1300 on our last 8 day.

That would be a good deal! Were they just trying this out on the Victory? Or something they might roll out to the other ships?

I didn't take a picture of the sign/dailies; others will have to chime in and say if they saw the same deal on other boats. I did not see the deal when cruising Carnival last summer so it must be new.

The Victory Southern Caribbean route has 5 ports so I didn't buy it myself (too busy of a cruise). I learned the specifics about it from people that did buy it.

Not sure how they handle it for a group cruise, but per multiple folks who did buy it the limitations were:

15 drinks a day max

Drink cost must be less than $10 (but any drink was fine; seems like the martini/wine bar was a popular spot for those on the program)

Everyone of drinking age in a cabin must sign up (makes sense)

42.95/day and the sign/dailies said you could only sign up for it on the first two days of the cruise.

Tell me more! I'm sailing on the Victory on the 2nd. Any chance they will offer this? Wife and I spend about $1300 on our last 8 day.

I knowmy math is pathetic but if you had 15 drinks that cost $10 each that's $150. Why would carnival sell this for $42.95? What am I missing?

I knowmy math is pathetic but if you had 15 drinks that cost $10 each that's $150. Why would carnival sell this for $42.95? What am I missing?

Speaking of math skills.....if I am figuring correctly, you would have to have a minimum of 5 drinks a day to get your money's worth, right? That might be a challenge on port days when you are off the ship until 6 pm or so.

Speaking of math skills.....if I am figuring correctly, you would have to have a minimum of 5 drinks a day to get your money's worth, right? That might be a challenge on port days when you are off the ship until 6 pm or so.

I love a challenge! ;)

What!?! This is the first I've heard of it on Victory. Had I known about the Celebrity program before I booked our Freedom cruise in December, I would have booked Reflection instead.

As it is, we will only cruise Celebrity in the future, will make due with an inside cabin, so we can purchase the drink card. Not having to worry about how much we will spend, and starting each day with a mimosa//ending with red wine or blueberry tea, is soooo worth it to me.

Hey Carnival! You reading this?? I'm on Freedom in December!!! Sign me up!! LOL :P

Did you have to buy the full weeks package.. or could you buy it daily and choose your days? This would make a difference to me as port days, I would not be having many drinks onboard.

What!?! This is the first I've heard of it on Victory. Had I known about the Celebrity program before I booked our Freedom cruise in December, I would have booked Reflection instead.

As it is, we will only cruise Celebrity in the future, will make due with an inside cabin, so we can purchase the drink card. Not having to worry about how much we will spend, and starting each day with a mimosa//ending with red wine or blueberry tea, is soooo worth it to me.

Hey Carnival! You reading this?? I'm on Freedom in December!!! Sign me up!! LOL :P

we only cruise celebrity because of this! only company that does this.......i think!

I'm sure you have to purchase it for the whole cruise, not just which days you want. The thought process behind it is that you will not drink as much as you think you might because you'll be out and about on the sea days, therefore, not on the ship drinking.

Archived