sewage smell on Oasis? Still there?

kathyemma

I just booked Oasis for this November. As soon as I told my daughter she said ugh - isn't that the ship that smells? As soon as she said that I remembered the sewage smell and everyone complaining about it. We haven't been on Oasis since 2010. I told her I am sure the problem has been fixed. I did a search and didn't see any current posts about Oasis and sewage. Has anyone read about or experienced any sewage problems on Oasis this year??

TIA

Kathy

What you may be talking about smelling is the burning of solid waste....yes I have smelled this from time to time a bit on Oasis....oddly enough mostly on embarkation day....but I have never found it a problem....it may occur during your sailing for a brief time...then it's gone.....just part of cruising.

We were on Oasis also in fall 2010 and do recall the smell. It happened one evening when we were watching the Aquatheatre show from the public balcony deck 12 starboard side. I had forgotten about that

Am on Oasis B2B in early next month so will pay attention to that.

The only unpleasant smell we noticed on our Oasis cruise was in the fitness center most days. There was a noticeable smell of cigarette smoke wafting through at various times. We asked about it and the staff acted like they couldn't smell a thing. I've seen other postings on CC mentioning the same issue, wondering whether the air intakes for the ventilation are near some smoking area.

The only unpleasant smell we noticed on our Oasis cruise was in the fitness center most days. There was a noticeable smell of cigarette smoke wafting through at various times. We asked about it and the staff acted like they couldn't smell a thing. I've seen other postings on CC mentioning the same issue, wondering whether the air intakes for the ventilation are near some smoking area.

Only noticed this once....and again it was on embarkation day.....however the crew disco is located right in-front of the health club.

I noticed this last week on the Oasis.

I did not notice any sewage smell around the ship.

Archived