Navigator of the Seas "Spring Break" Picture Review.

DSC06246_zpsba9430db.jpg

Little background: I am 27 years old from Knoxville, TN. This is my 3rd time on the Navigator, 10th RCCL cruise, & 13th total. Traveling with my brother (29) & his boyfriend (22) from Nashville, TN. They stayed in a JR suite on deck 9 forward and I stayed on a D2 ocean balcony deck 7 aft.

-My review was written while at sea from my balcony.

-We all had the drink package. (More to come on that)

This was my first time out of the Port of New Orleans, so I was expecting things to be a little different from FLL. However, most of the process was pretty much the same. I walked from the hotel to the port at 7am to take a look in person and the walk took 3-4 mins.

DSC06099_zpsd88aa9be.jpg

DSC06098_zpsb5987d1f.jpg

Day 1: Embarkation

Took the Hyatt shuttle at 9:45am then arrived at the pier 5 mins later. There was still many guest still departing the NOS, but I wanted to be on the ship as early as possible.

Plenty of people ready to help you unload!

DSC06096_zpsbc4ec3bb.jpg

Check-In was easy and had no issues with bringing on my 2 bottles of wine in my carry on bag. (I think I could have got away with more bottles in a different bag, because they did not seem to care) I am a C&A emerald member so I found my line that went very fast, but I laughed because the Gold line was empty. Once I was checked in with my seapass card in hand it was now around 10:15am and was placed into a holding area until 10:40am.

DSC06100_zps66d93f81.jpg

Then we boarded by C&A ranking & suite guest. I was able to board first with suite guest, since we were traveling together.

Welcome aboard Ladies!

DSC06106_zpsfa204e05.jpg

Wahoo! Thanks for one of your great reviews. Was thinking you were cruising around this time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to share! I have so many pictures to share and wrote my review each day from the ship.

Hope everyone enjoys!

We toured the ship, checked out our dinning room table (318) right beside the captains table just as I requested, made out chops RSVP, then headed to the windjammer for lunch. Typically, food you see in there nothing outstanding & nothing to complain about either.

Captains Table

DSC06128_zpsfc5c0b0a.jpg

The cabins were ready right at 1pm and my bags had already arrived, along with my case of water!

DSC06172_zpsf472940d.jpg

After we were settled in and attended the dreadful muster drill, we headed to the sail-away party. This party was pretty calm (compared to the ones on 3/4 day cruises) however we still enjoyed ourselves. Seems most people were more interested in the city/river than the line dancing.

DSC06151_zps4fa624f2.jpg

DSC06153_zpsd2a95249.jpg

Floating down the Mississippi River is such a memorable experience on a cruise ship. In fact, that evening we passed a carnival ship and we were approximately 50 feet apart, since the channel is very narrow.

Picture is very poor quality, but I still wanted to share so you could get a sense of how close the two were.

-Those sailing out of New Orleans your phones work until around midnight, since it takes 6-8 hours to sail down the Mississippi River.

DSC06173_zps92be3e3b.jpg

The welcome aboard show was uneventful, so much that we ended up leaving towards the end. No worries they got better as the week progressed.

DSC06171_zpsa1a01f97.jpg

After the show we went for live music at two poets pub, which seems to be pretty popular, along with a pint.

DSC06160_zps163235c5.jpg

This evening ended in the dungeon around midnight. (Those who are wondering smoking is not aloud downstairs, but you can upstairs). Each evening they had pop music featured by DJ Drag@n

DSC06178_zps9e6c24bd.jpg

DSC06375_zps9cf12b4b.jpg

Day 2: Sea Day -Happy Easter

Few decorated items around the ship.

DSC06166_zpsdd846dea.jpg

This morning we had breakfast in the nutcracker dinning, which had quite some line. I suppose because it was Easter morning and everyone wanted to eat a nice breakfast. The service was pretty slow and the selection on the menu was omelets, waffles, eggs, ect. If you are in a hurry I'd recommend the windjammer. After breakfast we parted ways I enjoy the main pool, while My brother & BF enjoy the solarium pool.

Solarium Bar

DSC06126_zps620fcfd2.jpg

The time was 10am and I was not able to find one single pool chair. I did to laps on main deck & upper deck and could not find a chair. (note: on sea days get to the pool at 8am if you want a decent chair) I ended up settling for the pool edge as my seat for the next hour.

I did notice the GOLD SEA PASS ONLY (Suite guest only/GS & up) section was empty! They had two sections by the pool.

DSC06152_zps7f0d87c0.jpg

Since we are on the suite topic I was able to sneak into the Concierge Lounge with a gentlemen to take a few pictures.

This lounge is available for those guest in a Grand Suite & higher or Diamond Plus/Pinnacle members.

DSC06142_zps2a3d79de.jpg

We had our cruise critic meet & mingle at 11:30am in the dungeon. I thought the turnout was good, around 25-30 attended. The host gave away some prizes with a raffle, including hats, mugs, champagne (donated by a cruiser not Rccl). Special thanks to Pete for planning the cabin crawl on Day 6. Pictures from the crawl will be posted with Day 6. Accessible Inside cabin, D2, JS, & Owners Suite.

After the mingle it was time for some Johnny rockets! They have a cover charge of $4.95pp which covers meal, desert, and gratuity. We all had the double-rocker and not one of us could finish the burger. We all agreed the burger was well worth the five-bucks. And if you have never had their apple-pie, you have not lived.

DSC06355_zps1a6e9a93.jpg

Tonight was formal night/captains reception. Which is always my favorite night on the cruise. Most everyone was dressed up for the occasion, yet we still saw a few in shorts. Ill avoid that topic to prevent conflict but last I checked "formal attire" excluded shorts. I knew I wanted one of the pubs tables for the captains party so we went around 6:15 pm and sipped on a pint until it started. If you are a beer lover you will love their two poets pub, they have great music and variety of pints.

Right at 7pm the free champagne came out and the music started.

DSC06193_zpsa9911ecf.jpg

DSC06196_zpse2963b03.jpg

Day 3: Cozumel Mexico

Well I don't have much of anything to report from Mexico, because I did not even get off the ship! I know it's awful but I've been to Mexico quite a few times before and just decided to stay onboard today. If you are looking for a relaxing day by the pool, today is your day! All the chairs were open!

I also noticed that the night life was pretty calm this evening, as everyone had a little too much fun in Mexico.

Day 4: Grand Cayman. 10-530

Started the morning off in the windjammer at 9am and boy was it packed. They started making announcements to please vacate your table once you are finished eating.

After breakfast the captain came made an announcement (9:50am) that we could start the tender process, then followed by an Important update on the health conditions on board. He reported a small outbreak of possible norovirus symptoms by 7 guest, thus far. He requested everyone to wash their hands often with warm water to help prevent a further outbreak.

The tender process was not the most pleasant I'd experience before. I went to deck 1 after at 10:15am and the line was backed up to deck 3 already. Once it was our time for the tender boat they took us forward through "I-95". Those unfamiliar with I-95 it's the crew members area, very long hallway painted all white.

Once I arrived on the island I toured the shops for a half hour then off to 7-Mile beach I went. I jumped into a taxi, as there are plenty begging to take you to the beach. The cost was $4pp each way. There is also a $2 cover for entering the beach, but they have very nice facility's with restrooms, adults only pool, music, & restaurant/bar. Total cost for my round trip to the beautiful 7-Mile beach was $10.

DSC06256_zpsfe9b911d.jpg

DSC06257_zps60bad708.jpg

Archived