Ncl Breakaway forward cabins

laurie329

Does anyone have any input on a ocean view forward cabin like 11704 is it very loud or a lot more motion ? Also do you have a better view then a side cabin ?

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Forums mobile app

This site has a lot of (view)pics of a deck 12 forward oceanview.

Can't help you with any other than that. :)

Thanks SO much for sharing that site and its pictures.

I also found another picture today that showed me something I didn't realize from the other shots . . . that the area in front of the forward-facing window has lots more storage space included.

3.1367600676.forward-facing-oceanview-stateroom.jpg

I booked one of these today for a future sailing, and I hope that I enjoy it.

Edited by DGP1111
doofus grammar

Thanks SO much for sharing that site and its pictures.

I also found another picture today that showed me something I didn't realize from the other shots . . . that the area in front of the forward-facing window has lots more storage space included.

3.1367600676.forward-facing-oceanview-stateroom.jpg

I booked one of these today for a future sailing, and I hope that I enjoy it.

No problem, glad to help! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Does anyone have any input on a ocean view forward cabin like 11704 is it very loud or a lot more motion ? Also do you have a better view then a side cabin ?

We were in a forward, 10100, on the transatlantic. Our cruise was smooth so I didn't feel any motion and didn't hear any loud noise.

I recall that the shade had to be down at night. The only disadvantage was walking the narrow aisle when there are cruisers coming the opposite direction and the cart is in the hallway when we were in a rush to go to the other end of the ship.

• 2 months later...

We just returned from breakaway and were assigned these cabins as we booked a guaranteed large picture window cabin. Nice cabin with lots of storage space under window for suitcases. BUT the noise in these cabins is terrible. There is a LOUD swishing noise and then it almost sounds like a loud flush but it was not a toilet noise. It was all day and night! Could not sleep! Our relatives in 12102 also heard it. We called and complained for three days before we were moved to two balcony cabins which were very nice. We were told it was a pluming problem and this is not first time people complained about these rooms and had to be moved. We got the impression that this problem can not be fixed but they should not make these rooms available to anyone.

We were in forward cabin 11104 for the transatlantic. Liked the view.

No noise. no motion. Lots of extra storage under the window.

We booked the same cabin for the NCL Escape's transatlantic Oct.2015.

Just as the deck plan shows, you will be able to see your cabin door all the way down the isle-way.

Also, your cabin will be one of the first to reach port.:p

Edited by $hip$hape

• 1 year later...
We just returned from breakaway and were assigned these cabins as we booked a guaranteed large picture window cabin. Nice cabin with lots of storage space under window for suitcases. BUT the noise in these cabins is terrible. There is a LOUD swishing noise and then it almost sounds like a loud flush but it was not a toilet noise. It was all day and night! Could not sleep! Our relatives in 12102 also heard it. We called and complained for three days before we were moved to two balcony cabins which were very nice. We were told it was a pluming problem and this is not first time people complained about these rooms and had to be moved. We got the impression that this problem can not be fixed but they should not make these rooms available to anyone.

I am bumping this thread because I just cruised on the Getaway on September 19th, 2015 and had the same problem!

They are fully aware of this problem, they basically will not do anything unless you complain. I went through 3 days with sleepless nights but they continue to sell this room since "people have different tolerances".

They finally switched me on the 13th Deck, same room and opposite side and I heard nothing.

That makes me very nervous because we're in 10104 leaving on Oct 31. I guess we'll wait and see.

I have no idea how the lower levels are affected, but I do know the front left of the ship (where you are located) is affected. The noise can also be heard in the hallways, so I presume several cabins in that vicinity including yours would be affected if the pipes run that low.

I generally do not stay in my room that often, except for an afternoon nap. Even that was not possible. The sound got progressively worse during the cruise, by the 2nd sea day it was unbearable in frequency.

If you hear it, report it early. They will know exactly what you are talking about at Guest Relations and also the assistant room steward.

We loved the Forward Facing Haven Suite on Deck 9. We didn't have any motion issues and the suite was large and very comfortable. Of course the Haven was to die for! I assume you aren't in the Haven, but the Ocean view which was next door to us shouldn't have had issues with motion either. Of course if a hurricane is expected and the waters are rough- who knows!

Enjoy your cruise

I have no idea how the lower levels are affected, but I do know the front left of the ship (where you are located) is affected. The noise can also be heard in the hallways, so I presume several cabins in that vicinity including yours would be affected if the pipes run that low.

I generally do not stay in my room that often, except for an afternoon nap. Even that was not possible. The sound got progressively worse during the cruise, by the 2nd sea day it was unbearable in frequency.

If you hear it, report it early. They will know exactly what you are talking about at Guest Relations and also the assistant room steward.

Luckily I don't have to worry about it because we were able to get upgraded to a balcony when the prices went down.