Has anyone brought a folding bike on board.

Captainlyle

I am pondering the the idea of bringing a folding type bike on board.I am a avid bike and thought bring a bike that is easy to transport would fit the bill.Has anyone done this,I would greatly appreciate any input regarding this subject.

I have met people that have brought full size bikes with them,and then left them for the crew when they disembarked,I have also given this some thought.Thanks for any input you may have.:)

On our last Barcelona to Cape Town cruise a couple bought bikes in Barcelona and took them on the ship. When we arrived in Cape Town they had arranged to donate the bikes to a charity. They had the best time getting to places some of us tour guests did not. On another Seabourn cruise we did a couple took fold up bikes on board. I think they arranged all this before hand. The bikes we waiting for the guests at every port next to the ship. Great idea and now that I have seen it work I would highly recommend it.

Intriguing idea. Last summer we barged canals in upper Loire and there were bikes available for each guest. Larger scale of ships would make this difficult I expect. Wonder if there is an independent concierge service that would arrange bikes to be available.

I am pondering the the idea of bringing a folding type bike on board.I am a avid bike and thought bring a bike that is easy to transport would fit the bill.Has anyone done this,I would greatly appreciate any input regarding this subject.

I have met people that have brought full size bikes with them,and then left them for the crew when they disembarked,I have also given this some thought.Thanks for any input you may have.:)

Don't know if you have ever used a folding bike but from our experience they are not the best. We used to carry two on our aircraft, but found them awful to ride and ended up giving them away.

I'm sure that if you bought full size bikes at one of your ports of call then the crew would find a place to store them for you, especially if you were to donate them to the crew fund at the end of your cruise.

Thanks for your input,I will consider all the options you gave.I just really like idea of touring a port with the freedom that a bicycle gives you.I realize its not something you can do in every port,but what a great way to experience ports up close and personal.

Not a folding bike, but my husband brought a full size racing bike onboard the Quest last year in the med and we kept it in the cabin in the "foyer". He even brought it on and off on the tenders with him so he could ride.

I emailed guest relations prior to clear this with them - it was all a lot easier than we expected.