Sunshine- A list of Staterooms containing a mini fridge

Seany527

When trying to choose a room on the Sunshine, I found it difficult to determine which rooms had mini fridges/mini bars and which rooms did not. With the recent increase in posts with the same questions I had, I decided to create a table with this info. This data is directly from Carnival's website as to which rooms they listed as having mini fridges and which rooms do not.

If your room is not listed on the table and contained a fridge, please let me know. If you have been in a room listed in this table and there was no fridge, let me know about that, too, and I will update the table.

Rooms shaded in blue are standard staterooms. Rooms shaded in green are staterooms located within the Cloud 9 Spa.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-20%20at%209.21.46%20PM_zpslu8x57mw.png"]Screen%20Shot%202015-04-20%20at%209.21.46%20PM_zpslu8x57mw.png[/url]

I think this is a great thing for you to do. I have spent days trying to find out that same information.I posted questions twice on message boards, they were helpful. I finally found an independent source that described every single cabin on the sunshine. My information is the same as yours.

Only balcony cabins with mini fridge......are Spa Balconies. That did surprise me. Some people need a fridge for medications. If you have small ones , to hold their drinks or milk. Some like me, just enjoy having them. In my case, to hold diet cokes, which have been a huge part of a large weight loss for me. your chart would have to be very helpful to people looking to sail on the Sunshine.

I am really looking forward to boarding the Sunshine. Researching for fridges has led me to see many photos of various areas of the ship, I now know all of the dining spots, and they are varied, and it does look like a beautiful ship.

That said...........not having a fridge is a game changer for me. KNOWING they can be found on Deck 3, Deck 5, or the Spa areas is a big deal to some people.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Edited by AmberTeka

When trying to choose a room on the Sunshine, I found it difficult to determine which rooms had mini fridges/mini bars and which rooms did not. With the recent increase in posts with the same questions I had, I decided to create a table with this info. This data is directly from Carnival's website as to which rooms they listed as having mini fridges and which rooms do not.

If your room is not listed on the table and contained a fridge, please let me know. If you have been in a room listed in this table and there was no fridge, let me know about that, too, and I will update the table.

Rooms shaded in blue are standard staterooms. Rooms shaded in green are staterooms located within the Cloud 9 Spa.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-20%20at%209.21.46%20PM_zpslu8x57mw.png"]Screen%20Shot%202015-04-20%20at%209.21.46%20PM_zpslu8x57mw.png[/url]

Thank you for the chart. Just an observation. It seems strange that so many insides and oceanviews shaded in blue have them, but most balcony rooms do NOT!

Edited by eponym

Only balcony cabins with mini fridge......are Spa Balconies. That did surprise me. Some people need a fridge for medications.

Not accurate. For example, aft balconies on Deck 5 have minibars.

They are not true refrigerators on this or other ships and may not be suitable for medications.

Thank you for the chart. Just an observation. It seems strange that so many insides and oceanviews shaded in blue have them, but most balcony rooms do NOT!

Why? Balcony rooms on Destiny (and Victory and Triumph) didn't have minibars. Only the cabins that were added have minibars.

Not accurate. For example, aft balconies on Deck 5 have minibars.

They are not true refrigerators on this or other ships and may not be suitable for medications.

That is an excellent point. But for people like me, who just want sodas or chilled water, they are fantastic.

it seems odd to me that when they renovated, they did not put fridges or minibars into all Balcony cabins. Does anyone know why they did not?? I am sure there is an explanation.

That is an excellent point. But for people like me, who just want sodas or chilled water, they are fantastic.

it seems odd to me that when they renovated, they did not put fridges or minibars into all Balcony cabins. Does anyone know why they did not?? I am sure there is an explanation.

I assume there was just not a hook up for them in the rooms. I also found it extremely odd that not even all spa balconies have them. I'd imagine it would be someone costly to add them to all balcony rooms but there are only a handful of spas rooms that don't have the fridges. Seems like it could have been a good marketing tools to advertise spa staterooms have a minibar.

My guess is limitations of the existing wiring and what would they remove from existing cabins to make room for a minibar? At the end of the day, time and money. As it was, Sunshine overran schedule and budget.

With the Triumph, if you needed a mini fridge for medical reasons (diabetic storage of insulin), your TA had to let Carnival know at the time of booking so one could be assigned to your cabin. There was a limited number available. If you did not do so, you then had to contact Housekeeping once on board and make arrangements with your cabin steward to store and then bring your insulin to your cabin when required. This really wasn't an ideal situation.

Many times, Customer Service managed to "convince" another passenger who didn't need their fridge to give it up and then it was relocated to a cabin that needed it. All they did was to plug it in to the wall outlet under the mirrored counter.

MARAPRINCE

• 1 month later...

This chart helped me out a few months ago when trying to decide on a balcony on a specific deck, and again helped me out on yesterday when selecting to upgrade family members from an IS to a OCV. We chose deck 5, Promenade because of the fridge, and the larger room, without going into a balcony. The room is away from the rest of the group, but they'd rather have the extra room, and most importantly a sofa bed, rather than a trundle/rollaway/cart on the floor, which no one at Carnival can seem to explain which was in their former interior room on deck 7.

@Seany527, now if you can make a chart on which type of bed Carnival has designated in room which sleep 3 people which are listed as having a "trundle" you'll be more awesome than you already are!!! I find it amazing that they can tell you what exactly is the "trundle." Is it a true trundle bed that pulls from under the other beds, but is not sitting on the floor like a medivac cart, or is it a roll away/folding bed?

@Seany527, now if you can make a chart on which type of bed Carnival has designated in room which sleep 3 people which are listed as having a "trundle" you'll be more awesome than you already are!!! I find it amazing that they can tell you what exactly is the "trundle." Is it a true trundle bed that pulls from under the other beds, but is not sitting on the floor like a medivac cart, or is it a roll away/folding bed?

Oh man, lol. That sounds way too complicated for me. Best I leave that up to a far more experienced cruiser. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Room 9188 does not have one.

At least it didn't last month.

OOOOh, 9188. I'm booked in that cabin in two weeks! Do you have any pics? Was is noisy, since it is just outside of the elevators? How did you like it? Which way does the bed face? And finally, is the bathroom pink?

• 3 weeks later...
when trying to choose a room on the sunshine, i found it difficult to determine which rooms had mini fridges/mini bars and which rooms did not. With the recent increase in posts with the same questions i had, i decided to create a table with this info. This data is directly from carnival's website as to which rooms they listed as having mini fridges and which rooms do not.

If your room is not listed on the table and contained a fridge, please let me know. If you have been in a room listed in this table and there was no fridge, let me know about that, too, and i will update the table.

Rooms shaded in blue are standard staterooms. Rooms shaded in green are staterooms located within the cloud 9 spa.

screen%20shot%202015-04-20%20at%209.21.46%20pm_zpslu8x57mw.png"]screen%20shot%202015-04-20%20at%209.21.46%20pm_zpslu8x57mw.png[/url]

since they're no listings of cabins here for deck 8, should i assume that no cabins on 8 have fridges?

• 6 months later...

I just got off the Sunshine yesterday (June 9, 2016) & was in 8296. Our friends were in 8268 & the both had small a small fridge. Met a woman in 8155 & she didn't so I don't know the rhyme or reason. Our cabin type was considered 8D. Both had balconies. 8155 was a balcony too though & no fridge.