passenger kicked off carnival victory past saturday

glituner32

Hey guys just got back from my Victory cruise today. Some male passenger got kicked off in Cozumel on Saturday 7th. It was around 10pm right when the boat was getting ready to set sail. Sailed out late because of this. I saw a lot of people watching. Just trying to figure out if anyone has the story behind this.

Passenger was begging for crew not to leave him in Cozumel. I got a full video but not sure if I'm allowed to post it. From what I hear it seems that the passenger got in an altercation with his wife or family not 100% sure.

pic

IMG_9380.png

Edited by glituner32

If an ambulance was called, he was medically disembarked, not kicked off. This means that the doctor onboard decided that whatever the diagnosis of this person was, he was not equipped to handle it all the way back to the US. The person seems to be refusing medical attention in Mexico, and wanting to be flown home.

It is perfectly within his rights to refuse medical care, just as if he were in the US, but he would have to sign a waiver, both for the hospital and for the ship's agent (who it appears he is arguing with, and who has his passport, as is normal for these kinds of situations) acting for the cruise line. This would not be done on the pier, but at the hospital and at the agent's office. I believe he also wants the cruise line to pay for his flight home. That ain't gonna happen.

I guess I've sailed Victory too many times because I recognized one of the guest service managers Joan :) She's a very nice person. I'll have to ask her all about it in 2 weeks when I board Victory again.

*Without knowing all the facts* - It sounds like the guys wife is pissed (if she took his ring and remained on the ship without him), he's likely headed towards divorce and he's just been put off the ship late at night in Cozumel. Forget going to the airport, his problems are not going away so he might as well have fun and party in Cozumel or Cancun! :D

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

This post made me wonder if the ships have a holding area? If a passenger would get violent while in the middle of nowhere where would they put him or her until reaching the next port?

When we did the "Behind the Scenes" tour, they did say there was a brig onboard. They didn't allow us to see it, though.

This post made me wonder if the ships have a holding area? If a passenger would get violent while in the middle of nowhere where would they put him or her until reaching the next port?

They will either lock them in their cabin with security outside (unless its a balcony), or put them in the brig.

Yikes!! I hope it wasn't their honeymoon!!

What was that Ben Stiller movie where his wife slept with the scuba instructor on their honeymoon and she ended up staying with the scuba guy?

Wonder if that has ever happened in real life?

Wow. Great sound on the camera. Sounds like the ambulance was there for him. I heard him say they are trying to force him to go to the hospital. So he must have been really intoxicated, threatening self-harm, or both.

I do feel bad for him, but he must have been really out of control to be put off like that.

I've been on 27 carnival cruises and seen some wild stuff. I've never seen anyone, or heard of anyone being put off the ship during any of my cruises. This guy had to REALLY be out of control or like someone else said a danger to himself. If Carnival doesn't want you, that's a sure sign you need professional help.

I've been on 27 carnival cruises and seen some wild stuff. I've never seen anyone, or heard of anyone being put off the ship during any of my cruises. This guy had to REALLY be out of control or like someone else said a danger to himself. If Carnival doesn't want you, that's a sure sign you need professional help.

We need a thread: "wildest things you saw on a CCL cruise".